Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got that derangement syndrome still I see !!! Only real racists use that word any more. That dog don't hunt here any more. You know so little about life in Mexico.Live with and among real working Mexi

That's an entirely false and ignorant statement. Mexicans also get parasites and get treated for them. You think all those parasite medications in the pharmacies are there purely for the use of gringo

She is known by another handle too, by some that have had her "diagnosis" which is not so complimentary -right?

1 hour ago, MER said:

Heard that there is a lakeside doctor that does in office stool tests for parasites. 

anybody know a name?

Dr. Teresa Morales in Jocotepec has been known as the "bug doctor" for at least 15 years. Still a highly regarded diagnostician, especially for parasites.

  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jrod said:

Dr. Teresa Morales in Jocotepec has been known as the "bug doctor" for at least 15 years. Still a highly regarded diagnostician, especially for parasites.

She is known by another handle too, by some that have had her "diagnosis" which is not so complimentary -right?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You would need to go to a lab and get a sample container; labs don't like samples brought in in baggies. Likely won't get the results until the next day.  With the lab results you can ask your doctor for his opinion.  Parasite medicine is pretty potent so you best have a definitive diagnosis rather then self medicate.
If you are really bad then go to either of the hospitals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, WideSky said:

You would need to go to a lab and get a sample container; labs don't like samples brought in in baggies. Likely won't get the results until the next day.  With the lab results you can ask your doctor for his opinion.  Parasite medicine is pretty potent so you best have a definitive diagnosis rather then self medicate.
If you are really bad then go to either of the hospitals.

Stool and urine sample containers are available at any farmacia. Best Labs has one parasite test that gives results in 2 hours or less depending how busy the onsite tech is. The more extensive test takes 2-3 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 8:56 AM, happyjillin said:

I have used Best Labs in Riberas for parasite detection. No doctor does this "in office".

Dr. Teresa's doctor husband does the tests upstairs from her office in Jocotepec while you wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, happyjillin said:

She is known by another handle too, by some that have had her "diagnosis" which is not so complimentary -right?

By some, but she corrected diagnosis wrongly made by 3 well know Ajijic doctors for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Theresa referring to her husband's lab is a conflict of interest.  She loves to diagnose lung fungus and the very expensive and drawn out treatment.  No thanks for me.

No conflict as she is very professional and she can trust him. I and others I know have seen her many times and have never heard of her giving lung fungus diagnose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cedros said:

No conflict as she is very professional and she can trust him. I and others I know have seen her many times and have never heard of her giving lung fungus diagnose.

Because she's off to other diagnoses now.  I wouldn't take my dog to see her because of her probmatic treatment.  Ask a gringo who had to move north because of an incorrect medicine that almost killed his wife and caused them to need to be at a lower elevation, as ONE example.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yo1 said:

Because she's off to other diagnoses now.  I wouldn't take my dog to see her because of her probmatic treatment.  Ask a gringo who had to move north because of an incorrect medicine that almost killed his wife and caused them to need to be at a lower elevation, as ONE example.

I could say the same about several well known Ajijic doctors but I won't. I have seen Dr. Teresa maybe 20 times and everything has been good. She isn't perfect but she is the best I've found Lakeside. To each his/her own.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Willie said:

We have lived in Mexico over 25 yrs and  never have had parasites but then we have taken Neem in capsule form for years.  Google it for great info. 

From whom do you buy the capsules? What brand?

I've used Neem oil on plants and found it to be quite foul smelling. Do the capsules cause any reflux? 

Thank you for any additional info you can provide.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I needed to know.  Not sure it is a parasite.   
Already used two different parasite meds.  Daxon and Vermox Plus.  
Might be from mosquito bites.  Don't know.
So I need a doctor to check.
I will try Neem and Dr. Teresa Morales in Jocotepec

Does anybody have an address or phone number?

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Take a stool sample to a lab to find out what is in your gut.  Should only take a day for them to look in the microscope and identify the crawlies.  If you take any kind of parasitic before a stool test, your test will not be accurate.  After everything you've read about Dr. Teresa, you still want her info, good luck.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MER said:

This is what I needed to know.  Not sure it is a parasite.   
Already used two different parasite meds.  Daxon and Vermox Plus.  
Might be from mosquito bites.  Don't know.
So I need a doctor to check.
I will try Neem and Dr. Teresa Morales in Jocotepec

Does anybody have an address or phone number?

After reading what I've read here and on other threads, I don't even want to drive through Joco, let alone visit this quack. I'm amazed anyone would.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, MER said:

This is what I needed to know.  Not sure it is a parasite.   
Already used two different parasite meds.  Daxon and Vermox Plus.  
Might be from mosquito bites.  Don't know.
So I need a doctor to check.
I will try Neem and Dr. Teresa Morales in Jocotepec

Does anybody have an address or phone number?

Dr. Teresa. Office at Morelos #149 in Jocotepec (green awning). 387 763 1088  cell 331 065 4200

Try her and see what you think. Judge for your self

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 6:18 AM, chapalence said:

After reading what I've read here and on other threads, I don't even want to drive through Joco, let alone visit this quack. I'm amazed anyone would.

 

Silly post. How would driving through Joco affect you? She is one of the better doctors Lakeside (I've been to about 8 different ones). I found lots of quacks in Ajijic.  As in many places in Mexico buyer beware when it comes to professionals.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...