Chapala.com Webboard

Super high speeds from TelMex... lower Chula Vista

We were just kicking around the idea of getting iLox here in Ch. Vista, and decided to once again test the TelMex speed... the one that went to 10 Mbps down for about two weeks a few months ago, and then settled back to just under 5.

Imagine our surprise when we got a reading of 33!. Now, Infinitum keeps sending emails saying "get more speed!", but they've been doing that for years. But we clicked on their speed test link, and registered over 60 down and 15 up. Repeated tests on different sites have verified this sudden huge increase. No fibre, no physical updates at the house, nothing.

49 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

We were just kicking around the idea of getting iLox here in Ch. Vista, and decided to once again test the TelMex speed... the one that went to 10 Mbps down for about two weeks a few months ago, and then settled back to just under 5.

Imagine our surprise when we got a reading of 33!. Now, Infinitum keeps sending emails saying "get more speed!", but they've been doing that for years. But we clicked on their speed test link, and registered over 60 down and 15 up. Repeated tests on different sites have verified this sudden huge increase. No fibre, no physical updates at the house, nothing.

Where are you (approximately) located in Lower Chula Vista?  What street ?

10 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Privada de las Peñas is most definitely NOT in Lower Chula Vista!  Calle Del Roble most certainly is!

Yup definitely Upper Chula Vista where I too used to suffer with 1.6 Mbps speeds from Telmex. Even YouTube would buffer.

Now I'm Netflixing with 30 mbps with ilox. Whooohooo.

SunFan

I'm in lower San Antonio near the lake, where folks have been  ecstatic when a steady speed of 2 mbps download speed was achieved. 

About 6 months ago we noticed speeds at about 9 mbps down and 0.5 up.

I just checked and I'm showing a whopping 36.2 down and 9.99 up.  These are averages from several different speed tests.