Chapala.com Webboard

What's all the digging up the Carretera about?

Arjay

In the 1950's the Los Chupalinos gang stole many bags of high grade silver ore. They were pursued, and they had to lose weight, so they buried the bags right along where they are excavating. This treasure has never been recovered. At least that is what an elderly local told me, after I had bought him three shots of tequila. You have to respect your elders, right?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

In the 1950's the Los Chupalinos gang stole many bags of high grade silver ore. They were pursued, and they had to lose weight, so they buried the bags right along where they are excavating. This treasure has never been recovered. At least that is what an elderly local told me, after I had bought him three shots of tequila. You have to respect your elders, right?

Listen, if you got that yarn for only three shots of Tequila you got a real deal!  :)  

• Haha 1

Hold the presses !

They are building an actual bike path in Chapala on Hidalgo it appears,  you know with an actual concrete curb separating it from the road,  so cars can't park in it or motos drive it in. WOW....lets pay them to put a curb in Ajjijic !

8 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

Lots of people use the bike path and this will make it safer for them.when riding their bicycles.  

yeah,but the carretera seriously needs to be widened to contain all the traffic. A better idea would have been to concert a path down the frontage road.....its already separate from the roadway ,it only needs a smoother surface for bicycles.

Most of these cyclists have no idea. No lights when its dark. Stupid and obvious for their safety. Never look behind when turning. Dangerous to themselves and cars.

Dont obey traffic lights ,dangerous to all.

Many dont use the bike lane at all,especially la floresta, and go against the flow of traffic. 

Just no idea or common sense.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lcscats said:

Ok so I climbed down into the slot trench yesterday and checked it out. The only thing I found was a three inch conduit. Conduit is orange.

NOB, orange conduit most often signifies fiber optics. Maybe these are going to be for Telmex fiber.... maybe.

I see the bicycle path being used a lot, since I use it myself with my mobility scooter. Regardless of who is sponsoring the work, I wish they would turn their attention to completing the section of bicycle path at the west end of Ajijic. It terminates right in front of the new hospital construction (old car wash) and picks up again at Juarez. This no man's land is treacherous for bicyclists and pedestrians. I am forced to ride my scooter with the traffic in this section and against the traffic on the way back (west). Very dangerous.

I literally risk my life to go shopping. I have also seen the gentleman amputee traversing this course in his manual wheelchair. I did note, from a newspaper article that when the governor visited he said completing this was on the slate but I've heard nothing further. If anyone has any clue who to contact regarding this, I'd appreciate receipt of the information.

I would contribute to this project financially if that would get it moving along. [or raise money and hire my own crew to get er done B)]

timjwilson

I feel for you. People have no idea what the people who cannot walk go through.. My husband ended up n a wheelchair for several months and that is when we noticed that most of the time he was a prisoner if he did not want to risk his life.. How many ramps are there that lead to nowhere.. Even in a rehab center in Guadlajara, they have steps to get to the handicap friendly area and then the doors in the bathroooms are too narrow for a wheel chair to  go go in etc..etc.. The governor and city official should have to be in a wheelchair for a day to find out what the problems are....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomgates said:

Maybe timjwilson would be wise to invest in an automobile!

tomgates, I find your comment to be insensitive and not helpful to timjwilson and others in his position.  I'm sure if he could afford one, he would have considered that a long time ago.  Not everyone can afford to have a vehicle, including me!  Or maybe his disability prevents him from being able to drive.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Let's not get personal.

Truthfully, when I am asked about the suitability of this area for the handicapped I do not recommend it.  Mexico is light years behind the U.S. and Canada when it comes to providing safe and accessible means of getting around for the handicapped.  Flame me if you like but that won't change the reality of it.

• Like 1