Chapala.com Webboard

Inapam card

bezerk

17 hours ago, bezerk said:

What is age required to get an Inapam card? What is process at Lakeside to do so? 

Go to the DIF office and they will give you a printout of what is needed.

Make certain that when you have copies made that both the front and back of the card and passport pages (?) appear on the same page. Best way is to tell the person at the papeleria that the copies are for DIF for an Inapam card. They know the drill ;)

If you're lucky they'll have cards. If not, ask if they can WhattsApp or Text Message you when they come in. I was lucky and they had them in stock on my first visit. My partner was lucky that they texted her, because they didn't have them on her first two tries.

It is NOT worth paying someone to drive you to Guadalajara, IMO. Even with a week spent in CDMX using the card for museos etc. and one long distance bus ride we still haven't saved the $700 that one expat is charging PP to take people to the DIF office in Guadalajara.

Thank you.  I am not willing to go into Guadalajara for this for sure. LOL

Chapalence, can you explain that further on copies, I can make my own.  

Does anyone have the list I would make a trip into Chapala to get on hand, seems crazy to make two trips.

Not worth trip to Guad..process in Chapala is easy. What you need:

1) Your passport and 1- copy of the page with the passport # and your photo including the page with your signature.This needs to be alone on a full 8" x 11" page.

2) An original utility bill in your name, not more than 2- months old and 1- copy of the bill. This needs to be alone on a full 8" x 11" page.

3) Your CURP card and 1- copy of both the front and back of the card. These need to be alone on a full 8" x 11" page. Copy shops know how to get both front and back on a single page.

4) Your "green card"/ Permanents  from INM and 1- copy of both the front and back of the card. These need to be alone on a full 8" x 11" page. Copy shops know how to get both front and back on a single page.

5) One photo "infantile". You can get these photos taken at any photo studio and they know how they need to be taken if you mention INAPAM. Do not try to get photos at Farmacia Guadalajara, they are incorrect!

6) There is a one-page application form that you will need to fill out and it is in Spanish. I suggest you have a translator program on your phone or tablet because some terms are not ones that are in common usage .  The woman processor is very kind and helpful but no English 

The DIF office is located at 327 Degollado in Chapala between 5 de Mayo Y Vicente Guerrero. They accept applications from 9-2 . Once inside, it is the door on the left marked Adultos Mayor about midway down just past the stainless steel bench.

There is no charge for the card, the copies cost me $1peso each at a Papeleria and the photo was $50pesos, and included 2-extras.

11 hours ago, bezerk said:

Thank you.  I am not willing to go into Guadalajara for this for sure. LOL

Chapalence, can you explain that further on copies, I can make my own.  

Does anyone have the list I would make a trip into Chapala to get on hand, seems crazy to make two trips.

If you only want to make one trip don't attempt to make your own copies! They are, like most agencies in Mexico, very particular. Plus, as I have discovered it is far cheaper in the long run to get copies made at papelerias than to buy ink for a personal printer.

9 hours ago, chapalence said:

If you only want to make one trip don't attempt to make your own copies! They are, like most agencies in Mexico, very particular. Plus, as I have discovered it is far cheaper in the long run to get copies made at papelerias than to buy ink for a personal printer.

I have never had copies done by  someone else. I make them at home.

In 15 years with private companies, city, state, and federal agencies I have never had a copy rejected.  

One caveat they must be in black & white.

Only time color is used is for passport copies needed  at SRE for citizenship application.