Chapala.com Webboard

Ilox Telephone

Alfa

Describe dead. No dial tone? Outgoing calls not connecting? People can't call you?

Email your symptoms to noc@mail.ilox.mx I have had ongoing sporadic phone issues but within a few minutes of sending emails I'm getting emails and calls from ILOX trying to solve it.

It's annoying to experience technical problems but it's encouraging to get this sort of response.

Ensure the phone you are using is plugged into the iLox modem. Ensure also that iLox did in fact port your phone number over, or give you a new one.

Interesting note: today I was witness to a TelMex landline refusing to provide a tone when plugged into the TelMex wall outlet. The Internet modem is plugged into the same outlet, using the proper splitter. The phone only worked when plugged into one of the two VOIP ports on the back of the modem. When I arrived, the customer told me not to change it, as the TelMex installer had told her this was the new system.

I am baffled.

Thanks for the concern but I have discovered the fault was in the telephone cord. Cannot understand how anything could affect the cord as it had been working fine but just quit, Had not been moved or touched or disturbed in any way that I know of but when I substituted another cord the phone worked fine. Thanks

Yes, our iLox internet is working just fine but our phone has been out all weekend. Hoping to have time today to report it.

Fortunately, my cell phone works just fine.

Val Jones  :)