Chapala.com Webboard

Pears at Walmart being over charged today

geeser

My favorite wallymart  "ripoff" is when they package two items into one and then have a big sign above saying the price....but its actually the price per item. They got me once...too much trouble to complain about though.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, Lily H said:

I did say "How dare Walmart do such a thing?!"

So it's a lesson. The shoppers should go to Customer Service right away to get it fixed. 

Have you ever gone to Walmart Management. The cashiers are friendly but the people at the management desk are darn right rude. They never acknowledge you, just won't make eye contact. Just down right ignore you . This has happened to me so many times and I do not act angry. But after 10-20 minutes, I keep saying senora until one gets annoyed enough to help me. They never look happy.  Sometimes I just need to ask a question.  Once I had no chance at all for the bagger lady. So I was going to use a 50 in my payment to get change. The cashier, he just waved me on when I said I won't have a tip. I apologized to the bagger lady , I did feel badly . She said no worry and hugged me.

5 hours ago, Newjersey expat said:

Have you ever gone to Walmart Management. The cashiers are friendly but the people at the management desk are darn right rude. They never acknowledge you, just won't make eye contact. Just down right ignore you . This has happened to me so many times and I do not act angry. But after 10-20 minutes, I keep saying senora until one gets annoyed enough to help me. They never look happy.  Sometimes I just need to ask a question.  Once I had no chance at all for the bagger lady. So I was going to use a 50 in my payment to get change. The cashier, he just waved me on when I said I won't have a tip. I apologized to the bagger lady , I did feel badly . She said no worry and hugged me.

Sorry for your experience at Walmart. 

I don't go to Walmart here nor anywhere else. I find just about everything I need from Tianguis, the mom/shops, the corner vegetables/fruits stores and street vendors.

I got even with Walmart....

The other day I  went to buy a bottle of my favorite tequila and it rang up at the register at 5 pesos per bottle. I asked the lady if this was a mistake and she said no, it was correct. Needless to say I went back and filled my cart with every bottle they had in stock.

Apparently they were discontinuing this particular brand...

The check out lady asked" aren't you going to leave any for us ?" lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Too funny! Yeah, if large corporations mis price something I'm not going to tell them. I once bought some frozen fine sliced Atlantic smoked salmon in Gigante in San Miguel. Realized when I got home that they'd charged me 28 pesos for a package. I went back and bought it all.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:26 PM, ea93105 said:

My favorite wallymart  "ripoff" is when they package two items into one and then have a big sign above saying the price....but its actually the price per item. They got me once...too much trouble to complain about though.

I agree, but I don't look at it as complaining. but as warning some who may not be used to being ripped odd so often. New arrivals have a steep learning curve.