Chapala.com Webboard

Pears at Walmart being over charged today

geeser

At Walmart today Anjou Pears are 39.90mn per K and Bartlett right next to them are 31.90mn/K. The Bartlets carry small tags saying "Bartlet". For me and the person behind me they charged our Bartlets as Anjou. No accident, as I had pointed out the Pera was Bartlett.  Walmart produce is bad at mixing a bin of apples when they are dumped roughly onto the table. If you pick at random they will search through bag and find one they say is the higher price and the whole lot is billed at the higher rate. Whey you pay by cash they will not give you the proper change and when challenged they say they don't have the change. Why is it always rounded up and never rounded down when they don't have the change?

When you mention to managers in the US what is going on at the Mexico stores they can't believe it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Walmart today Anjou Pears are 39.90mn per K and Bartlett right next to them are 39.90mn/K.” If they are the same price what is the problem?

Also, there are plenty of places to shop besides Walmart. With all the complaints against them why even shop there?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Xena said:

Also, there are plenty of places to shop besides Walmart. With all the complaints against them why even shop there?

Convenient parking. They are many fruit and vegetable stores on the carretera selling wonderful produce, but parking is such an issue, it's not worth the bother.

SorryI do not get it.. both are the same price and they switch the prices????or the name???  What is the problem?  I am from the Anjou region and I do not even know the difference. I buy what I feel I want  and I do not care about the price..It is what it is and I get easy parkingand I will not lose sleep over that one..Be happy and forget it ordo not eat pears..

• Haha 1

xomputer guy .. then I am a happy full who loses a few pesos here and there and who is not worried about it... If the price is too high fo me I do not buy but the French are know to have a larger budget for food than most other nationalities. we just cut back on something else.. If thre is something way off I will notice it but a few pesos I do not worry about it. 

4 hours ago, bmh said:

SorryI do not get it.. both are the same price and they switch the prices????or the name???  What is the problem?  I am from the Anjou region and I do not even know the difference. I buy what I feel I want  and I do not care about the price..It is what it is and I get easy parkingand I will not lose sleep over that one..Be happy and forget it ordo not eat pears..

My typo, Charged 39.90 Bartlets were on sale for 31.90 I didn't find any other pears in town or at the tiangus.

It is not the amount but the idea that someone is trying to shortchange the customer. The better my Spanish gets, and the more I can talk to the cashiers in a friendly manner, the less problems I have with cashiers shortchanging me. In fact it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geeser said:

My typo, Charged 39.90 Bartlets were on sale for 31.90 I didn't find any other pears in town or at the tiangus.

I bought 2 kinds of pears today at Soriana. I bought pears last week at El Torito. I bought pears the week before at a small store in Ajijic. Many choices other than Walmart.  

3 hours ago, johanson said:

It is not the amount but the idea that someone is trying to shortchange the customer. The better my Spanish gets, and the more I can talk to the cashiers in a friendly manner, the less problems I have with cashiers shortchanging me. In fact it doesn't seem to happen anymore.

Mexicans love talking to you Pete, they say you have the best and most unusual "gringo" Spanish and are fascinated by it.  They forget all about the money count and making a few pesos,...….they probably give you too much.

• Haha 1

Not putting the sale price into the computer is a typical trick Walmart uses to increase their profits.  When I find something on a terrific sale and I want to buy a whole lot, I take a photo of the sales sign with my phone.  I can then show it to the clerk if the price rings up incorrectly.

• Like 2

Agreed. WalMart is very strict about their inventory control; with over 11,000 stores worldwide and 2.2 million employees, they don't have time to make exceptions to their software program rules. I would say it's laziness on the part of management here. If you go to any of the WMs in Guadalajara, you immediately notice a world of difference.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lily H said:

Overcharged 8 pesos?

How dare Walmart do such a thing 😥?!

It ain't the price. It's wondering how many other products are priced incorrectly at the cash, and how often it's happening to you. I don't make my money so I can be frivolous with it.