Chapala.com Webboard

Please Stop Dropping Your Dog's Bag o' Crap On The Sidewalk

Bisbee Gal

Had this problem last winter and it stopped during the summer, so my guess is that this jerk is a snowbird as it started happening again in the past week or so.  

He/she uses those super thin plastic 'produce' bags to pick up their dog's crap, but then leaves the bag o' crap on the public sidewalk.  

Of course someone steps on it, breaking the bag open and leaving a nice schmear of crap on the sidewalk.  

Please take your dog's bag o' crap home with you.  It's your dog and your responsibility to dispose of its crap.  

• Like 8

12 hours ago, bmh said:

Or throw it on his or her back as they walk away...

Never seen them dropping it.

I believe their modus operandi is this: If their dog takes a crap when there are other people around, they pick it up and then carry the bag until no one is in sight, then drop it.  

On garbage Thursday this happens to me.  A neighbor (?) who is walking their dog picks up their dogs  poop in a plastic bag and leaves it on top of my large garbage bags.  The truck comes by takes my large bags but leaves the small plastic bag with the poop on the sidewalk in front of my house. If I only knew where the person lives I would kindly return it to them.

• Like 1

I find those next to the door, next to the garbage on garbage day bu I have never seen any one either , otherwise hell would have broken loose. I  rahter see a poop on the side walk than poop in a plastic bag on the side walk.. At least in one case it is a natural occurence when in the other a human is disrespectful..Both are annoying but the plastic bag is the straw that breaks the camel´s back..

• Like 2

BMH I know you didn't grow up in the U.S., so you might not know about this classic bout of juvenile behavior. The idea is to place dog poo in a paper sack, leave on the offender's doorstep, light it with lighter fluid, ring the doorbell, then watch from a safe distance while the offender tries to stomp out the fire.

Then there is probably an urban legend, that the offender was not home and the whole house burnt down. If true, the kid is probably still paying that one off.

chillin,,

My grand mother lived in the same town as the prime minister when I was a kid.. We played with his sons and in these days the security around the father was high because of the Algeria war and we had terrorism... Since we knew when the father motorcade would go by we would put cow poop in a box and put it in a shoe box and go hidiing to watch the cops approach the packet with great care and detonate it..  Kids are kids everywhere..

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, bmh said:

chillin,,

My grand mother lived in the same town as the prime minister when I was a kid.. We played with his sons and in these days the security around the father was high because of the Algeria war and we had terrorism... Since we knew when the father motorcade would go by we would put cow poop in a box and put it in a shoe box and go hidiing to watch the cops approach the packet with great care and detonate it..  Kids are kids everywhere..There was

You French kids had so much fun, other than avoiding unexploded bombs and land mines. There was a garbage strike in New York, right around Christmas time, so some people put garbage in gift wrapped boxes, in the back of unlocked cars, problem solved. I guess you could do this with Amazon boxes, the porch pirates would think "I didnt know Amazon sold fifteen pound boxes of used kitty litter!" .

• Haha 1

I don't walk my dogs myself. I don't bag dog poop for that reason. I don't carry dog poop. I don't drop dog poop - my knowledge, but my memory isn't getting any better as I age.

I'm now traumatized that I might accidentally drop a bag of dog poo (that is not in my possession, as I've explained) on a side walk somewhere on the North Shore of Lake Chapala.

I must apologize in advance should that happen.

On 11/13/2019 at 12:10 PM, CHILLIN said:

BMH I know you didn't grow up in the U.S., so you might not know about this classic bout of juvenile behavior. The idea is to place dog poo in a paper sack, leave on the offender's doorstep, light it with lighter fluid, ring the doorbell, then watch from a safe distance while the offender tries to stomp out the fire.

Then there is probably an urban legend, that the offender was not home and the whole house burnt down. If true, the kid is probably still paying that one off.

As kids my husband and his buddies did this on Halloween.  

• 1 year later...

Well it seems this a-hole wasn't here during the winter of 2020-2021. 

But they have recently returned as their bagged dog $hit is now appearing regularly on streets in lower SW Ajijic near the malecon.

I now have a recording camera (as do several of our neighbors).  Hopefully one of us will post a nice shameful video.

Nothing more stupid or more disgusting than a plastic bag of dog crap....it won't break down and he/she/it/they leaves the bag on the friggin' sidewalks.

Jerks. 

Since it's turned into a booby trap before dumping it where the person stays could be practical right at the door the person walks the dog out of so the same thing hopefully wouldn't happen again. Would make a funny drone video catching the person and following them. Maybe a case of beer a week to some adventurous kids with a drone promising a viral video. Throw a bag of ice in the deal too.

Oh yah. Asking renters who is renting to persons with dogs nearby. Checking the bed andd breakfast places could help identify who's renting and might help with time period figuring of the dastardly culprit. 

10 hours ago, timjwilson said:

If only they would kick it into the bushes or grass, many birds, bugs n' worms and microbes would devour it pretty fast.

They bag it in plastic bags....sometimes the grocery produce baggies, sometimes checkout bags from Farmacia Guadalajara and elsewhere.  Those bags don't break down very fast.  Until someone steps on one, then the bag opens and of course sticks to the sidewalk.  

I think it's a snowbird who left at beginning of pandemic in 2020 and has just now returned.  May not live nearby; probably has the mindset that they don't $hit in their own backyard.  Take their dog(s) to crap elsewhere around town.  

Jerks. 

We live on a main street corner in Riberas.  I have seen at least 10 different people walking dogs on this street.  I have not seen a single one of them carrying a poop scoop or a plastic bag.  Instead our outside shrubs catch the bounty from the dogs.  Our casa is walled so I have never actually caught them in the act but close, as I have seen some suspicious ones.  I hate to get in an argument with someone but their disregard for other peoples property is appalling.  Never understood why someone must have 3 or 4 dogs. If they have extra money to spend here, they should spend it on the poor children.

• Like 2