Chapala.com Webboard
Referdude

Can not find Ant Bait, ideas or information?

I have checked10 retail outlets and can not find an ant bait.  I have used Cynoff, Raid, and Trompa.  No results longer than 3 days.  I even ground

up trompa and mixed it with yummi bases.  They wouldn't touch the Trompa.

If possible, please the name, and location to obtain.  Thanks.

I will add some search terms so other folks can find this information.  Cynoff, Raid, Trompa, Terro, Ant Bait, Ant poison, kill ants

https://www.mashupmom.com/yes-borax-got-rid-of-the-ants/

borax-2.jpg

Do you get these every spring too? I get a bunch of little ants coming into my kitchen under one of the cabinets that backs up against an outside wall. I read online about people sprinkling a line of Borax and sugar along where the ants are coming in, but didn’t want to leave that out because of our cats. 

I use Hormigal which is available at any hardware store in the area and at the garden shops. With this, one has to find their nest (hole in the ground usually) and spread Hormigal carefully around the place and it destroys the nest completely. This chemical requires care as it can be harmful to pets - especially cats if they are able to walk through it.

Hormigal and Permetrina work well for outdoor problems. Hormigal is pretty nasty. Patron and Trompa are designed to work on leaf cutter ants. 

Indoor small ants are a bigger problem. The lady at the Garden Center in Riberas between 7-11 and Electro Venta can probably help.

You might find this link helpful.  Boric acid (ácido bórico) is available at most hardware stores.

Best wishes,

N&H

Call my friend Roberta as she has several ant killing things from the states to sell. She is moving back to the states. Call her on 480-577-3104.Call my friend Roberta as she has several ant killing things from the states to sell. She is moving back to the states. Call her on 480-577-3104.

I use Trompa, works great, sprinkle around where they are walking and they carry to nest, and bang no more ants, until a new bunch find my garden..then the same Trompa process

Trompa and Patron are for leaf cutter ants and will not work on other types of ants.  And they will not work if wet, like during the rainy season or sprinkled on wet ground.  Cynoff works well on all other types of ants.

Friends in Texas, where they had lots of ants, had come up with a unique and rather gruesome solution which they said worked fantastically (non-toxic to boot). They would gather up a bunch of ants, throw them in the blender with a little water, then pour the decimated ant juice around. The ants all left.

The OP wasn't clear whether he was talking outdoor or indoor ants.  

This year was our worst invasion of indoor "sugar" ants....the teeniest tiniest ones I have ever seen.  But in multitudes if something sweet was left on the counter for a nano-second.  

I made a boric acid mixture late morning yesterday and put it out (recipe and technique below); about an hour after putting the wet paper towel on the counter, there were about a hundred of the little !!@@$^**& ants on it.  Checked a few hours later and the towel was empty of ants.  

Early this morning we saw ONE.  ONE.  I put out another wet towel after we saw it and since then, zippo.  Not convinced they are gone for good, but it's kinda a fun experiment....like that Ant Farm none of our parents would buy us when we were kids 😉

Place into 1-cup liquid measuring cup: 
1/2 teaspoon boric acid powder 
1 1/2 Tablespoons white table sugar
Fill to 2/3 cup line with warm water
Stir to dissolve completely.
Dip half a paper towel folded a few times into roughly a 3 inch square lightly in the liquid and set on counter (that's where I was seeing them).  Put excess liquid in fridge to re-use.  The paper towel will dry out over night.  Discard and repeat with new towel and saved liquid.