Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone using Telmex Wireless Internet

geeser

I guy I know in El Chante used to use Telmex WiFi for streaming TV. It was not good. He signed up for Ilox but they didn't come through so now he has a modem from UNet out of Jocotepec and he says it is much better.

Yes, Dru Davies has signed up for Unet but, like all the others, they are being selective about where they run their wires and do connections so as to get the most bang for their buck. She's still waiting in Rancho Alegre but the other side of the highway is connected. It's a crap shoot.

No need to respond.  I see on the photo of the modem that it is Netwey.  I talked to a representative on the phone and was told the speed is 20mbps and there are various plans depending on how many GB of data you want. The plan for 150 GB is $499 per month. It is a limited plan, meaning when you use all your GB of data the service is disconnected until you pay for the next month.  This was all done in Spanish but I think I am close.  Does this sound familiar?

That is pretty much it except I am pretty sure that my service is through Telcel. That is the plan I chose, $499 pesos for 150 GB of data. Still working pretty well here just east of Sanderos de Lagos. I am going to Manzanillo for a few days and am taking it with me so we will see if it works very well there:-) 

59 minutes ago, Susy Wilson said:

That is pretty much it except I am pretty sure that my service is through Telcel. That is the plan I chose, $499 pesos for 150 GB of data. Still working pretty well here just east of Sanderos de Lagos. I am going to Manzanillo for a few days and am taking it with me so we will see if it works very well there:-) 

What's interesting is that 499 pesos for 150 GB plan doesn't exist with Telcel (modem internet for home)...https://www.telcel.com//personas/telefonia/planes-de-renta/tarifas-y-opciones/internet-en-tu-casa

But it does for Netwey (click on paquetes) ... https://secure.netwey.com.mx/site/