Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
lakeside7

Confrontation at the Topes

Recommended Posts

"I am a person who believes in life.."  ??   Seriously?

I guess you forgot the post you made in January when you commented about the 60 hauchicolero children and women who burned to death in the gasoline pipeline explosion,  "That leaves more oxygen for me.."  Good thing for you the moderator removed your comments to spare you..

You can edit your post today to read, "I am a person who believes in my life."  Now that would be accurate.

Some of you guys really need to get a life and move on away from bullying and shaming others on a public web forum.  

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiko said:

"I am a person who believes in life.."  ??   Seriously?

I guess you forgot the post you made in January when you commented about the 60 hauchicolero children and women who burned to death in the gasoline pipeline explosion,  "That leaves more oxygen for me.."  Good thing for you the moderator removed your comments to spare you..

You can edit your post today to read, "I am a person who believes in my life."  Now that would be accurate.

Some of you guys really need to get a life and move on away from bullying and shaming others on a public web forum.  

He believes in white life and moneyed life, especially the money of people who pay him.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone read the posting rules yet?  You know, the one about being "civil and non-personal."   Seems that one is more honored in the breach lately, and by more than one poster.

However, I'm neither the mod nor would I want to be.......but personally, I believe that unless one is perfect oneself, he/she should avoid being judgmental.🤢

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vetteforron said:

I am the type of person which will tell it like I see it. I am a person which believes in life. We will always do well with or without your help. How many of the so called refugees are you taking into your home? Hummm!

My response to gringal is simply this: Yes I am also "the type of person which will tell it like I see it."  In accordance with the rules of this forum those of us who disagree with the repeated hateful commentary of a small handful of posters here deserve the same respect as the board allows those posters.  

 

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gringal said:

Has anyone read the posting rules yet?  You know, the one about being "civil and non-personal."   Seems that one is more honored in the breach lately, and by more than one poster.

However, I'm neither the mod nor would I want to be.......but personally, I believe that unless one is perfect oneself, he/she should avoid being judgmental.🤢

 

If you are alluding to one poster here having his views called out, I would remind you that that only happened after he referred to humans he doesn't personally know as "trash". I'd consider that comment to be the definition of judgmental.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kiko said:

"I am a person who believes in life.."  ??   Seriously?

I guess you forgot the post you made in January when you commented about the 60 hauchicolero children and women who burned to death in the gasoline pipeline explosion,  "That leaves more oxygen for me.."  Good thing for you the moderator removed your comments to spare you..

You can edit your post today to read, "I am a person who believes in my life."  Now that would be accurate.

Some of you guys really need to get a life and move on away from bullying and shaming others on a public web forum.  

You can take me out of content, attack me all you want I can take it but, still none of you will let tope people sleep on your floor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In 1529 The folks in Vienna Austria refused entry or assistance to a couple of hundred Ottoman immigrants fleeing the mess they had made elsewhere in Hungary and what is today Turkey. The feelings of the Austrians was that these immigrants should have stayed where they were and enjoyed that mess instead of making one of Vienna.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

You can take me out of content, attack me all you want I can take it but, still none of you will let tope people sleep on your floor. 

Just for the record I did in fact support a refugee from Guatemala for 2 years thru the Caritas program in Texas.  She stayed at my home and slept in a bed like a human being whenever she wanted.  I am not criticizing you because that is something that you would not do.  Your choice, so none of my business.  I respect your choice.  

However to address the criticism of personal attacks, here is my two cents, take it or leave it.

Like many benign threads on this forum,  someone throws a sucker punch with veiled political or hate comment and successfully hijacks the thread.  When someone stands up and defends those who cannot defend themselves, then that second poster is regarded as someone who has launched a personal attack. I have never thrown a sucker punch here.  I have as much right as anyone else to defend against aggressors who have hijacked a thread.  If that causes anyone some cognitive dissonance, then so be it.  

The above is not an insult or a personal attack, just the plain truth.

Que tengas un buen fin.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

You can take me out of content, attack me all you want I can take it but, still none of you will let tope people sleep on your floor. 

Do you honestly think no one should give any charity unless they would take everyone needing it into their home? Or are you attempting to deflect from your mean-spirited, ugly attitude?  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" Like many benign threads on this forum,  someone throws a sucker punch with veiled political or hate comment and successfully hijacks the thread.  "

TOO TRUE.  The question is, why is it allowed to be "successfull"?   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several weeks ago I was driving on the spaghetti on ramps en route for home in Ajijic.  At two of those intersections were small groups of Nicaraguans (they were holding identification signs).  Each group was composed of the same sex.  The state police were detaining the men for assaults.  The state police then detained the women for theft.  My spanish was good enough to understand.  I presume I was told the truth.  I do not donate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bandol said:

Several weeks ago I was driving on the spaghetti on ramps en route for home in Ajijic.  At two of those intersections were small groups of Nicaraguans (they were holding identification signs).  Each group was composed of the same sex.  The state police were detaining the men for assaults.  The state police then detained the women for theft.  My spanish was good enough to understand.  I presume I was told the truth.  I do not donate.

And, that is fine. No one should donate who does not want to for whatever reason.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading this thread, I decided to consult Sr. Google. "When is the next full moon?"  "November 12".  Aha I said.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 1:39 AM, slainte39 said:

Several I have talked to have been from Belize, they speak English......sort of…..

English is the language of Belize however (stereoetype) poorer folks speak Patois which can be a mixture of many languages and can differ depending which country you are in.  Patois is spoken all over the Caribbean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this for a confrontation? Yesterday the police took away the whole family including their toddlers because they got into a physical confrontation with a Mexican family that also uses that tope down the hill from the Monte Carlo. By the way,I have seen the alleged family from Central America leave in a taxi at the end of their WORK day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

How about this for a confrontation? Yesterday the police took away the whole family including their toddlers because they got into a physical confrontation with a Mexican family that also uses that tope down the hill from the Monte Carlo.

That was bound to happen sooner or later. I’m surprised it did not happen sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sharing" does not seem to be an ingrained part of Mexican culture.

Imagine if the Cartels would practice it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...