Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
happyjillin

Hospital San Antonio--we are so lucky!

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I was asked to post this information for the OP by a member of TOB who used to be an EMT in California and has worked with the Red Cross in the past.

" if you're up to it, tell the guy with AF living in San Nicolas to go to the Chapala Municipal Clinic up above Soriana instead of CR. Better for medical and heart stuff. CR (Cruz Roja/Red Cross) better for trauma. "

Bolded words are my edition to her pm.

I am the OP and I suspect that this persons advice is directed to JGiff not me. This time she is correct but  mostly take her medical advice and qualifications with a grain of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, sorry, it was directed to JGiff. She was an EMT and has worked with the Cruz Roja and has also worked for the Heart Specialist who is the main Doctor behind the San Antonio Hospital until she decided to retire again.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is large teaching hospital and Seguro Popular hospital in Tlajomulco. I dont know much about it, but a local I know used to get dialysis there, and three local ladies got chemotherapy for breast cancer there. Tlajomulco is an easy drive, halfway to Guadalajara, before the gridlock starts.

By the way the new Apple fit watch can reliably detect abnormal heart beats, and a major new study has concluded that treatment of most heart disease can be controlled with medicine rather than intervention surgery (stents, etc.)

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ferret said:

Yes, sorry, it was directed to JGiff. She was an EMT and has worked with the Cruz Roja and has also worked for the Heart Specialist who is the main Doctor behind the San Antonio Hospital until she decided to retire again.

 

That "heart specialist" is a pacemaker addict…….IMHO, but that´s how you get wealthy to be able to finance hospitals.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks everyone for the info.

We like San Nicolas because of where it is and it being quite. 

 My AFIB is well managed with the medication I am on and I also have an ECG watch that works wonders.

 Where I live in my home town it is a lot further away from medical care than my new place is in San Nicolas. 

I was looking for the best option if for some reason I get into an episode and I appreciate everyone's help with your suggestions.

Cheers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

That "heart specialist" is a pacemaker addict…….IMHO, but that´s how you get wealthy to be able to finance hospitals.

I can add more to that from experience -'nough said. and i reiterate- advice from that person on the other board should most of the time be taken with a grain of salt along with her [ahem] creds. She doesn't always "retire" of her own volition Your opinion should not be humble.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, happyjillin said:

I can add more to that from experience -'nough said. and i reiterate- advice from that person on the other board should most of the time be taken with a grain of salt along with her [ahem] creds. She doesn't always "retire" of her own volition Your opinion should not be humble.

And I'll bet you don't know her personally or you wouldn't be slinging sh-t about her.  Years ago she's the one that brought the EMT program at CR up to standard by teaching the local EMTs US standards.  Don't know where they are currently.  Your comment about "retiring" could be taken as a personal dig, of which she is not deserving.  Stop the low life comments.  No one appreciates your attitude.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Yo1 said:

And I'll bet you don't know her personally or you wouldn't be slinging sh-t about her.  Years ago she's the one that brought the EMT program at CR up to standard by teaching the local EMTs US standards.  Don't know where they are currently.  Your comment about "retiring" could be taken as a personal dig, of which she is not deserving.  Stop the low life comments.  No one appreciates your attitude.

There is an EMT school in Ocotlan where they learned and yes I know some of the graduates. I asked her for help once based on her alleged experience when I was starting hands on research of all the facilities around the lake so that an Alberta firefighter unit which helps several countries south of the border get equipment and training. She didn't but fortunately a retired California  FF stepped into the breach thanks to the Rotary Club here. I  have an entirely different story about her time at Cruz Roja. In any event she's not on this board.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky for you that she doesn't kick your butt for the lying SOB you are.  Doesn't matter what she does, you have an erection for her and will libel her here.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...