Chapala.com Webboard

Update on security meeting

HarryB

People asked for more drunk driver checks and it seems they got them.

4 additional trucks have been donated to Chapala so they could put out more patrols. I don't know if they have officers to man such patrols?

Chapala has offered the National Guard property to put their area division.

I don't know if anything has been done to catch the home invasion gang. People asked if the street corner drug thug/ watchers could be rounded up.

Who donated trucks?  Did they go specifically to the police only?  Did they donate gasoline and tires too?  Are these new or used trucks? If the police don't have people to man them could one or two be rerouted to recycling pickup if the recycling group  found a way to pay the drivers/workers?

Yes, over the years new trucks have been donated a number of times, as well as boats, quatramotors, motorcycles, and staff. You have wonder what happens to it all.  

I've asked Hector to find out what steps have been taken since the meeting. He said that there should be an article in the Guad Reporter this week. he says that the govenor has been here twice this week and Dale talked with him.

About the trucks, All I know is they came from the state so i assume they are the same as the blue ones we have been seeing. Moy promised Hector and Juan Ramon a truck for village use. but. they haven't gotten it.

5 hours ago, Ajijic_hiker said:

Regarding this comment:  " People asked if the street corner drug thug/ watchers could be rounded up."   After I noticed the drug dealers on the streets here, and mentioning it to the delegado in Ajijic 2 years ago, I was told that they know about the drug dealers, and allow them to be there, since supposedly it is to keep the BAD drug dealers out of town.  He also explained to me that the cartel that controls the drugs in the Ajijic area also makes big donations to the children here at Christmas time....isn't that good to know...🥴

That's the way things are done here and have been done here forever.

The reason there is a big uptick in crime immediately after an election is because turf hasn't been assigned yet..

If one finds these facts not to their liking, there's always NOB where it's acceptable to carry your assault rifle into Walmart where you may feel free to shoot 20 unarmed women and children if the checkout line is too long.

• Like 7

On 11/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, Ajijic_hiker said:

Regarding this comment:  " People asked if the street corner drug thug/ watchers could be rounded up."   After I noticed the drug dealers on the streets here, and mentioning it to the delegado in Ajijic 2 years ago, I was told that they know about the drug dealers, and allow them to be there, since supposedly it is to keep the BAD drug dealers out of town.  He also explained to me that the cartel that controls the drugs in the Ajijic area also makes big donations to the children here at Christmas time....isn't that good to know...🥴

There is a new savage crew who was murdering alot of people, so much for keeping bad ones out, in the end its all business

6 hours ago, Intercasa said:

There is a new savage crew who was murdering alot of people, so much for keeping bad ones out, in the end its all business

You are absolutely correct. It is all business. Which is why I assume you remain here rather than relocate to a place where you are happier, feel safer, and actually like where you are.

• Haha 1

I have faced some down right scary war zone stuff here.  I was at the wrong place at the right time.  I have a purpose and am a fighter.  None of the bad stuff was aimed at me.  Fleeing will only be if no other options available.  Fleeing does not help things and if we all work together we can turn things around.  We can be the key to changes as most of us do not have extensive family and friends profiting off the misery nor who could be targets and we come from a culture of reporting crimes and not allowing ourselves to be intimidated.  Paradise doesnt exist anymore, I have lived in 2, this was supposed to be the third but it aint over yet!

19 minutes ago, Intercasa said:

I have faced some down right scary war zone stuff here.  I was at the wrong place at the right time.  I have a purpose and am a fighter.  None of the bad stuff was aimed at me.  Fleeing will only be if no other options available.  Fleeing does not help things and if we all work together we can turn things around.  We can be the key to changes as most of us do not have extensive family and friends profiting off the misery nor who could be targets and we come from a culture of reporting crimes and not allowing ourselves to be intimidated.  Paradise doesnt exist anymore, I have lived in 2, this was supposed to be the third but it aint over yet!

How does continuous carping on a web board read by a handful of immigrants help turn things around? 

I was unhappy with where I was living four times in my life. I relocated. I did not “flee.” Stop being so dramatic.

• Sad 1