Chapala.com Webboard

Yves restaurant experience

lakeside7

Have not been for some time and surprised to see so many dogs on the site.

It is a bit off putting when the waiters hug and pet them and then come along with your food.

Yves was around but seems to be spending more time with the Animal Menagerie than with his customers.

This experience pushes this restaurant  down my list

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't go to that many restaurants, but Scallions(the old Salvador's) has  always let people come with pets when they are eating in the outdoor and covered areas. However, I have never seen pets inside the restaurant.

I have never been to Yves, but I know he has a donkey outside of the restaurant that he rescued  when the former owner  passed away or was sent back up north because of dementia.

It  is a restaurant  but all the dogs are outside and so are the tables and the people  , there are a couple of donkeys too... Agreed the waiter should not pet the dogs as they are working but otherwise what is the big deal?

Yves rescues animals so he has hs rescues on the property and the customers show up with their dogs too.. If you do not want to see dogs in a restaurant do not go there.

Last time I was in Roma and Condesa in CDMX the terasses of restaurants were full of people with dogs too.. Go to the top restaurants in France, I am talking about the 3 stars in the country and many do not accept kids but they acccept dogs.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We love Yves and his restaurant.  Pretty much every Monday, we arrive about 3-3:30 to enjoy T-Bone and Ribeye steaks in the lovely garden setting.  The waiters are always friendly and attentive, the food is consistently delicious and when Yves is there, he makes a point to visit each table, talk with patrons and ask about food and chat.  

For us, the fact that he is kind to animals and helps rescues find good homes, keeps those who can't find good homes is a bonus reason for supporting his restaurant.  We find it charming when one of the burros serenades us with a bray or two.

I agree that people who find animals unacceptable in a restaurant should avoid Yves.  There are plenty of choices and everyone can live and let live.  

Viva Mexico!

Val  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

One correction for bmh's post above:

" It  is a restaurant  but all the dogs are outside and so are the tables and the people"

Not so.  We eat inside because the chairs are more comfortable, and it is visible that Yves' old dog is habitually draped in the kitchen doorway. The waiters often have to step over it to do their jobs.  

I like Yves and the food, so we eat there anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1