Chapala.com Webboard

Importing dog or cat from the US or Canada

38 minutes ago, cedros said:

The article writer said, “Earlier this week, I made contact with employees from both SENASICA and SAT (el Servicio de Administración Tributaria) to verify that the information provided in this post is accurate and current” and gave a link to the government site. How much more “official” do you want? Considering the inconsistencies found in law interpretation and enforcement I would still bring all my pets’ health records anyway.

I totally agree  with Xena , bring all the pet's health records.  You never know if that informaion has flowed down to the actual  people who are there when the pets come through Customs. Or how  that  person understands the rules, or what kind of a mood they are in, etc..

When I am meeting people coming into Guad airport with their pet, and I have always asked Vet Lena to  meet me there to avoid any sort of   'mis-underatndings'  that delays  the pet getting through Customs.  One time a dog had been chewing on the crate  door due to nervousnes [ I guess ] during the flight, the dog's gums  were a bit red and irritated,   and they were going to  hold up the dog in some kind of quarentine. Our  Vet had a spirited discussion with them about the  situation, and the dog left the airport without further delay or any kind of extra  fee needed to be paid.  I looked up the small Vet fee for coming to the  airport  as an investment  to  eliminated the nonsense / BS  that can occur.  And I make sure that the pet crate  is listed as 'baggage',    not cargo ..  one person coming in was told the crate  needed to be listed as 'cargo '  The flight was a late arrival , the Guad. Aduna was not open, the people came out through Customs,   but the  pet crate  went to a seperate building at the airport until the next morning -  the poor dog stayed in the crate  without water - food for more than 20 plus hours, until the dog got 'bailed out'  of the Aduna late the next morning because the  owners paid extra fees to move the process along..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1