Chapala.com Webboard

Rain tonight

artsnob

Yes, the same in Ajijic. I don't have a rain gauge, but the Ajijic weather station recorded 1.53 inches between 8 PM and midnight, giving us enough rain for October to make it the wettest Oct during the last 9 years. Our year to date totals though are still way behind the previous 8 years. 

• Like 1

Careful when you say "our". The Ajijic weather station is one location in one area. It is currently reading 25.22 inches for the year. I am in Riberas just below the 711 and I have meticulously recorded every rainfall in my rain gauge and put the totals on my calendar. Year to day total is 38.65 inches. In Joco, another friend is also tracking and she has about 21 inches. I would love to know if someone in Chapala is tracking for comparison purposes. The lake area is a mass of small individual micro climates.

• Like 1

It's true that around here the rain measurements are different from one neighborhood to the next.  Many years I hear that I have recorded too little rain and other years I have recorded too much rain. I own and operate the equipment at the ajijicweather.com station. Twice a year I calibrate the rain gauge and other instruments on the NOAA approved weather station.  I feel comfortable with what I publish. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@mexbound  Muchisimas gracias for your website!  I look at it at least twice a day and your lake-cam is on my phone so I can show people where we live when we are traveling.  I use your lake-cam to sorta predict whether it might rain soon, following the local adage, "if Senor Garcia is wearing his sombrero....."