Chapala.com Webboard

Helicopters over Ajijic since this morning.

About a year ago I complained about the 1 person motorized gliders flying over my house. I mentioned the Air Rights Building in Bethesda Maryland was named after the law firm which is now housed there. They won a case for a client that refused to sell his place to a developer who had bought  the 2 adjacent properties & wanted his too so he could build a large development. When he refused to sell and the developer built a bridge connecting his two properties. The courts ruled against the developer stating that the client  has the Air Rights  over his house..

Got some interesting comments such as “this is Mexico” and “ Go back to the USA”

One person mentioned that there was a 500 foot restriction on flights here. I’m not sure if that’s the case, but if so these choppers might be in violation. That and the noise ordinances might make for some interesting court battles. 

1 hour ago, MarkEliot said:

That and the noise ordinances might make for some interesting court battles. 

There are no "interesting court battles" in Mexico. Heard behind usually closed doors and 3 years later there might be a verdict.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Anyone know why this came to a screeching halt. After heavy promotion that this "attraction" will be happening every Saturday and Sunday. Saturday every 10 minutes over my house...Sunday...NADA.

As heavily publicized on multiple FB pages, Saturday was a test run. Full schedule starts this Saturday, November 2 running from 12-6 both weekend days.

the noise and safety issues are not at all funny. The noise can disrupt migration and nesting patterns. Helicopters do crash more than anyone wants to admit. In our high density populated areas flyovers are accidents waiting to happen with loss of life a certainty 

• Like 2

You're absolutely correct HarryB. A little humour and levity to help with everyone's angst is not totally out of line though.

The damn cohetes also disrupt migration and nesting patterns of birds and cause fear in animals. If they misfire, they can cause a fire or blow someone's finger off. How far has anyone gotten putting a damper on those???

Until something detrimental to the business happens, I doubt any of us will have an effect.

So I'm gonna moon 'em to express my frustration that safety and health issues are not being considered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those of you laughing probably don't live near the flight path and/or have south facing rooms or patios. The noise is loud enough and prolonged enough to be conversation disrupting for about 1/2 minute. That will be every 20-30 minutes all afternoon every Saturday and Sunday. Not only residents will be affected. Restaurants, local little theater matinee productions, realtors showing homes, afternoon religious services... Hopefully the project won't last long.

• Like 5