Chapala.com Webboard

Helicopters over Ajijic since this morning.

Don't you guys remember about 6 months ago or so there was a thread about them flying tourists back and forth from Chapala to Jocotepec?  It only lasted a weekend or two at the most, then it stopped.  I know they were taking off from parque de la Cristianía.  I doubt that this will be a permanent fixture here, too darn expensive.

16 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Don't you guys remember about 6 months ago or so there was a thread about them flying tourists back and forth from Chapala to Jocotepec?  It only lasted a weekend or two at the most, then it stopped.  I know they were taking off from parque de la Cristianía.  I doubt that this will be a permanent fixture here, too darn expensive.

These flights were happening every 10 - 15 minutes. Not possible for flights to go this far in that time period. Something else is going on here. 

14 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Please post this FB page or the URL so we can all see what is going on. 2 more low flyovers in in the past few minutes here lakeside SAT. Gracias

Go to the Facebook page of Sergio Pichus (Chapala, Jalisco) where he posts details and a video of the helicopter tour venture. It is set to "Public" and you can leave your feedback.

Moy Anaya, our municipal president, has a FB page under Moisés Alejandro Anaya, if you want to leave a note there.

The ongoing noise issue here at the seems to have taken another hit. The decibel level of the helicopter was at 110 over Ajijic yesterday afternoon, a clear violation of the established, complained-about, but unenforced law that went into effect in August 2019. People whose lives are disrupted by noise from bars and Evento centers have another offender to contend with.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Since my last post on this 45 minutes ago, I have been lying on my bed trying to read a book. I counted 13 flyovers in this period, some so low as to rattle the windows, and set off car alarms and neighborhood dogs including my three. My house is just behind the federal land facing the lake just east of the SAT malecon. This has been going on since early this morning nonstop, some a little off the lake shore on the lake side and some right above my house and LOW. HERE GOES ANOTHER ONE!!! If this is a new sightseeing service for tourists, God help us all. 

I saw them as well circling over the SA malecon..  I think they saw the perfect round  helicopter landing pad at the east end and thought about landing there :)

I went to your Facebook link and the page was about Sergio Pichus. Sadly there was nothing about the helicopters. I found two videos but they had nothing to do with the helicopters. Oh well. I live in upper Ajijic and had a great view of them going by. Luckily I was far enough away that the noise minimal.

I feel bad for the folks that were so close to what would have been very loud helicopters.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, johanson said:

I went to your Facebook link and the page was about Sergio Pichus. Sadly there was nothing about the helicopters. I found two videos but they had nothing to do with the helicopters. Oh well. I live in upper Ajijic and had a great view of them going by. Luckily I was far enough away that the noise minimal.

I feel bad for the folks that were so close to what would have been very loud helicopters.

You have to log into FB to see it I think.  It is the second post on his page, dated yesterday.

7 hours ago, ea93105 said:

I saw them as well circling over the SA malecon..  I think they saw the perfect round  helicopter landing pad at the east end and thought about landing there :)

Ah, yeah...This pad is exactly in front of my house. I see it every day from my living room window and patio. My neighbors and I call it the aliens landing pad (space, not illegal) and every day I expect the landing of UFO's to occur, exploring this unique pueblo. San Antonio Tlayacapan is eons old and one of the first indigenous towns established on this lake. They came under control of the Aztec Empire before the Conquest by Cortes. When the Spaniards arrived here shortly thereafter they generously left the original name but affixed one of their Saints name in front. When the aliens arrive they will discover a unique mix of the original indigenous race, mixed mestizos and a sprinkling of Norteamericanos, both full time expats (like me) and those called snowbirds escaping the blizzards of El Norte in the winter. They will be amazed at the way we all get along here and the harmony and great life we experience here. Please do not disseminate this since we love our lifestyle here and do not need any more "Invasions". Gracias 

• Like 2

Just to update...no flights today! I looked at the FB page posted here and saw the video of the recorded flight. It looks like this was a promotion of the enterprise with a demonstration ride. After landing he conducted interviews with VIP's, political hacks and the head of the company who were indulging in a free food, drink and music fiesta at the park  My Spanish is not good but I heard that they were intending on conducting these flights every Saturday and Sunday. I also am not up on the politicians here but would like someone who is to identify those in the video who were scoffing up the freebies.  Yesterday, as reported here, there were continuous flights all day. TODAY NONE!!! Based on my experience here on the lakeside in SAT, the invasive noise and intrusion of privacy was massive. I am sure that there was a ton of negative response to people at the  right places to put a stop to this. I HOPE!!! 

Do not get your hopes up , usually people at the right place are the ones receiving the pay off so they would not be the ones complaining or stopping it.. I would think that you have some kind of a permit to land an helicopter in a public park.. so who ssued that?

My neighbor started a noise petition among his friends and church members a few years ago, eventually got half of San Antonio to sign from what I saw of it. If you live around El Doc eventos in south SAT, it's the reason we don't hear cohetes and loud music late into the early morning anymore. The local Mexicans were just as annoyed by the obnoxious noise as gringos. They were especially upset with Tapatíos coming here on the weekends, when noise ordinances were enforced in Guadalajara.

So just my 2 cents on assuming automatically that nothing can be done with local officials on the literally insufferable noise we experienced this weekend.

• Thanks 2

How about the Guad Reporter identifying all the Fat-Cat pols at the end of this video scoffing up pricey delicacies and drinking the freebies at the end of the video and publishing their photos along with their self serving comments praising this new Lake Chapala tourist "attraction". What were they thinking (besides lining their pockets) when this venture got the green light? Of course all of these Tapatios taking these flights do not live under the flight paths and have to endure days long noise pollution, scaring of pets and setting off car alarms. Since there were no flights yesterday maybe there is some hope that some common sense has set in. Hope springs eternal.  

It might be time for lakefront residents to have weekend parties, complete with kite-flying contests, frequent cohete launches; maybe even skeet shooting. Radio controlled model airplanes could also patrol the party venues. Drones might even be useful.

• Haha 9

Well, look what was posted last night on the Gobierno de Chapala website: the municipality has a vested interest in this business. Since this is the same entity that met with residents and citizens several weeks ago to provide details and info on how to contact them regarding violations of the new "antirruido" noise laws, which apply federally, state-wide, and locally...it seems sad that they are actively promoting a money-making entity that violates the laws they promised us to our faces that they would uphold. 

Note the info directed to Vuela Chapala and the "push" for people to participate.

🚁😎🤩Llega a la Ribera de Chapala una atracción más para poder disfrutar de nuestro lago desde las alturas. "Vuela Chapala", te lleva a vivir la gran experiencia de volar en helicóptero y crear momentos inolvidables.
Los vuelos inician este próximo sábado 2 de noviembre en el parque de La Cristianía. Para más información entra a la página Vuela Chapala. ¡Anímate! #GobiernoDeLaGente

Image may contain: sky, mountain, cloud, outdoor, nature and water

30 minutes ago, sem123 said:

Has everyone put a complaint on the Facebook Page ? a very good public place to complain !

Very good suggestion.  See jrod's post for the link.  Do it in Spanish.

As a resident of the neglected "Pueblo Trashico" of Ajijic I am sad to see this government is even worse than the last one.  What next from them?  A NASCAR track?