Chapala.com Webboard

Helicopters over Ajijic since this morning.

4 minutes ago, johanson said:

A local Mexican neighbor told me that  it was the Presidente de Chapala flying overhead along with his wife.

I am sure that your neighbor was pulling your leg. After a few trips even the wife of El Presidente would be bored. This has been going on for many hours and still continuing. They seem to be concentrating here in the SAT area

• Thanks 1

I agree with you, gringohombre, but my neighbor even pulled out his cellphone and showed me a picture taken in the helicopter showing the two riding in the back seats of said helicopter. So I do not really know and I bet none of us really cares :)

Oh and the helicopter recently flew West over the lake in front of Ajijic and just came back flying toward Chapala. Now it's flying  by again :) 

Very strange. Just came back from a walk om the SAT malecon and within 10 minutes sat 2 flying overhead quite high. Now back in my house another one just came by (or is it the same one?) Could someone post this FB video here so we can see what is going on? Nearly 12 years here and nothing like this before. Is this new...If so business must be very good for a startup, and I am sure there will be a lot of unhappy campers below.  

Since my last post on this 45 minutes ago, I have been lying on my bed trying to read a book. I counted 13 flyovers in this period, some so low as to rattle the windows, and set off car alarms and neighborhood dogs including my three. My house is just behind the federal land facing the lake just east of the SAT malecon. This has been going on since early this morning nonstop, some a little off the lake shore on the lake side and some right above my house and LOW. HERE GOES ANOTHER ONE!!! If this is a new sightseeing service for tourists, God help us all. 

• Like 2

If it bothers enough people it can be stopped.. It bothers me too and I do not like having helicopers flying back and forth above my head.. Those things do fall once in a while and the vibrations  and noise are a nuisance.  Always something new to screw up the peace.. Hopefully they will go under fast but if that is what is going on, it is pretty obnoxious.

• Like 1

Sounds like someone has started a new business giving helicopter rides.  

Also sounds like those on the lake front need to start talking to officials or this could be an every weekend thing.

i sure hope not, next it will be speed boat rides on the lake