Chapala.com Webboard

Peter Mariscos

Kyle

Had lunch there about 2:30 today.  The place was busy, mostly Mexicans and several large groups.  As expected the menu is mostly fish items, two pastas and grilled chicken dishes.Cevichi got great reviews, chicken milanasa was a bit thin and dry.  Thought the wine was high, starting at 67 pesos.  Nice atmosphere but probably won't be on my go to list.

i think it will be a Tapatio restaurant like the ones west of Ajijic.  They close at 6:30 so they are not expecting a gringo dinner crowd

Peter's was always notable for excellent fish and reasonable prices. I hope they maintain the reasonable prices. If you suspect they are going to price themselves like those restaurants on the curves, then they are going to die rapidly. They were never that busy in the first place. Case in point: the fish restaurant in San Antonio across from Chula Vista. An arm of one of the restaurants from the curves (and in Guadalajara) did absolutely no business the whole two years they were there, because of their pricing.

And now they are gone. Nobody seems to get it. Ismat over-priced and over-partnered at Avocado Club, he's doing the same with burnt chicken at his fried-chicken place, Number 4 and 4 hung on for dear life from the moment they opened, and so many other places that do poorly because most expats are on a fixed income and will not over-spend. I fully expect the same to happen within the lease period of that fancy new burger place out west of town. It doesn't even matter anymore if the food is good. The pricing will kill them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...