Chapala.com Webboard

Marisco Peters

Kyle

Healthy food is relative. I remember reading an interview about 40 years ago with what was then the oldest living man in Canada. He mostly lived on canned beans and coffee and smoked cigarettes. He said he quit the cigarettes when he was about 95, cause everyone kept telling him how unheathy they were, but started up again a year later. I think he was about 103.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Healthy food is relative. I remember reading an interview about 40 years ago with what was then the oldest living man in Canada. He mostly lived on canned beans and coffee and smoked cigarettes. He said he quit the cigarettes when he was about 95, cause everyone kept telling him how unheathy they were, but started up again a year later. I think he was about 103.

Healthy eating is an informed choice.

It's okay if someone doesn't care about cholesterol, diabetes, heart health, blood pressure, and weight issues.

13 hours ago, mudgirl said:

9 hours ago, Lily H said:

Healthy eating is an informed choice.

It's okay if someone doesn't care about cholesterol, diabetes, heart health, blood pressure, and weight issues.

I see some folks don't understand irony.

32 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

I see some folks don't understand irony.

Hardly. " The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect." You took a complete 180.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Back to the original question, has anyone eaten at the new Marisco Peter in West Ajijic?

I think mudgirl was implying that the food there is "unhealthy" but that, you could still live to the ripe old age of 103.

lily h implied you could live a whole lot longer if you avoided the place altogether.

That was my inference, was I wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariscos Peter has been around for 25 or 30 years, always decent, nothing exceptional.  Don´t know if just changing location is going to make any big difference. I would eat there if my car broke down in front of the place and not be disappointed…...I think.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slainte39 said:

I think mudgirl was implying that the food there is "unhealthy" but that, you could still live to the ripe old age of 103.

lily h implied you could live a whole lot longer if you avoided the place altogether.

That was my inference, was I wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariscos Peter has been around for 25 or 30 years, always decent, nothing exceptional.  Don´t know if just changing location is going to make any big difference. I would eat there if my car broke down in front of the place and not be disappointed…...I think.

Thank you. Of course I know what foods are healthy and what ones are not considered to be so. I just thought it was ironic that someone who was 103 years old lived a lifestyle most people would consider to be quite unhealthy.

Actually I think that if you grow up on good, real food, without a bunch of additives, hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, salt and sugar, it tends to give you a strong constitution that can see you through a bit of bad eating. Someone who was 103 about 30-40 years ago when I read that interview would have grown up on real, unadulterated food. If he'd grown up on Kraft dinner, nitrate-laden hot dogs, chips, soda pop and Ding Dongs, he might not have made it to that ripe old age on the diet and habits he had.

16 hours ago, Kyle said:

Sorry but I don't see what the responses had to do with the question

Sorry, Kyle, I didn't mean to hijack your thread- My first post after your topic post was actually meant to be in response to a post on another thread where someone was berating people for liking hamburgers and pizza and talking about how unhealthy they were. Not sure how that happened, but I apologize.

32 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Sorry, Kyle, I didn't mean to hijack your thread- My first post after your topic post was actually meant to be in response to a post on another thread where someone was berating people for liking hamburgers and pizza and talking about how unhealthy they were. Not sure how that happened, but I apologize.

Now we are on the same page in sync.   No more funny stuff !