Chapala.com Webboard

A rare positive day at Lakeside

lakeside7

It has been one of those rare day's when everything has gone like clockwork, so let me share the following experience's;

Firstly I needed a XRay . I have passed the CHOPO office, (Same block as Panco's) in Riberas many times. To day using my IMAPAN card I received 15% discount for a chest x ray, final cost 441 pesos.. A very quick and professional office and friendly operatives . They have a large list of "other" services that they offer.

Secondly. The "iron guys" in Riberas , Calle San Lucas #30. 765-4367, Cesar/Esteban installed a automatic garage door opener, (chain and motor) including 2 clickers for 9,000 pesos 

Thirdly. I needed 5 stitches removed from "injury" . Visited Ajijic Clinic, no waiting, snip snip snip, snip snip,  300 pesos. Interesting to note that Dr Rodriguez Snr is only there on Mon-Wed-Fri 9am- 3 pm. 766-0500. whom I prefer to see...but what can go wrong with seeing alternative (his Son) doctor!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

It has been one of those rare day's when everything has gone like clockwork, so let me share the following experience's;

Firstly I needed a XRay . I have passed the CHOPO office, (Same block as Panco's) in Riberas many times. To day using my IMAPAN card I received 15% discount for a chest x ray, final cost 441 pesos.. A very quick and professional office and friendly operatives . They have a large list of "other" services that they offer.

Secondly. The "iron guys" in Riberas , Calle San Lucas #30. 765-4367, Cesar/Esteban installed a automatic garage door opener, (chain and motor) including 2 clickers for 9,000 pesos 

Thirdly. I needed 5 stitches removed from "injury" . Visited Ajijic Clinic, no waiting, snip snip snip, snip snip,  300 pesos. Interesting to note that Dr Rodriguez Snr is only there on Mon-Wed-Fri 9am- 3 pm. 766-0500. whom I prefer to see...but what can go wrong with seeing alternative (his Son) doctor!!

IMO if you think there are  only RARE positive days Lakeside, then maybe you should be somewhere else?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

Anyone who has lived at LC for at least a few years knows of folks like the OP. Everything is about "how inexpensive", how much of a "discount" one can negotiate, where the "good deals" can be found and on and on. It's everyone's right to be who they want to be so I'm not throwing stones. For many of us, however, it comes as a surprise because where we "came from" we didn't experience that type of behavior as openly as it's practiced at LC. May you have many more positive days lakeside7 if that's what floats your boat but our positive days had nothing to do with saving money and they were not rare at all. Running a BnB for 6 1/2 years provided constant positive days with only a rare bad one. YMMV.

• Like 6

Wow I am completely blind sided........I thought a shared a story of places and people who provided great service and reasonable prices and quick service....

Perhaps you folks who are so quick to jump down my throat  should be looking in the mirror when you get up in the morning a see the ugly reflection

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Wow I am completely blind sided........I thought a shared a story of places and people who provided great service and reasonable prices and quick service....

Perhaps you folks who are so quick to jump down my throat  should be looking in the mirror when you get up in the morning a see the ugly reflection

I enjoyed your post and was happy to hear of a day when everything fell into place...

Here's hoping you have a bunch more where everything just goes perfectly!!

Illegitimi non carborundum

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm glad you had a good day. I'm sorry if it is rare, I would hope for more for you. We stay because we, more often than not, experience good days in some ways. It is getting much more expensive, so it's nice to get a good deal. We used to think accomplishing one significant thing in a day was great, and more than one, fantastic. But service and availability of service has increased. So you had a fantastic day and that is super! I wish you lots more, and now expect them. After all, these people are smart and kind.

• Like 1

I don't know about the rest of you but my income is half what it use to be.  Saving money as lakeside7 did is a bright thing to me.  In the states my medical is free but here I have to pay for it.  Saving money on medicine, food, transportation, etc should make any one happy. As they say in Australia, Good on you, lakeside7.

• Like 3

Please don't beat up poster too badly. As someone whose spouse lives with chronic pain, you learn to appreciate the days when things go well. It's not that living here is a negative experience, because it's not, but simply that you learn to appreciate ANYTHING that goes well. As has already been said, any day above ground is one that should be celebrated!

• Like 4

So sad that many of you berated Lakeside 7 for a good post.  You blast into him without thinking.  He had a good day.  Mexico is not PARADISE for all.  The citizens are poorly treated and poorly looked after, and the crime is much worse than the States.  Lakeside 7 was commenting on a good day for him, and many of you successfully changed it into a lecture on how he should feel about living here- shameful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 3

On 10/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, lakeside7 said:

It wasn't the sharing of stories about great service and reasonable prices that set people off, lakeside7, it was presenting it as something rare, as if the norm is bad service and getting ripped off. That's not how most ex-pats experience life in Mexico.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, mudgirl said:

It wasn't the sharing of stories about great srevice and reasonable prices that set people off, lakeside7, it was presenting it as something rare, as if the norm is bad service and getting ripped off. That's not how most ex-pats experience life in Mexico.

Then perhaps you would like to share your mornings experience, places, people and cost, so we all can make a note of services available and cost etc. Thank you

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Then perhaps you would like to share your mornings experience, places, people and cost, so we all can make a note of services available and cost etc. Thank you

Why? I don't consider my day to day life and interactions to be anything of particular interest to strangers on a public forum.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Had to add this, maybe those who are jumping down on OP should actually read what was written. It wasn't that today was a rare positive day, it was that today was one of those rare days when everything seemed to go right...and then he gave some examples. He didn't say up north was better or life was better there or (fill in the blank).  Hmmmm...I've had many of those type of days where I'm generally surprised that the day went without any hitches.. OP didn't say anything negative about living here, simply that today went well. So, what did he say that was so evil/against life here that he deserved all of the vitriol?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tingting said:

Had to add this, maybe those who are jumping down on OP should actually read what was written. It wasn't that today was a rare positive day, it was that today was one of those rare days when everything seemed to go right...and then he gave some examples. He didn't say up north was better or life was better there or (fill in the blank).  Hmmmm...I've had many of those type of days where I'm generally surprised that the day went without any hitches.. OP didn't say anything negative about living here, simply that today went well. So, what did he say that was so evil/against life here that he deserved all of the vitriol?

I suggest you reread the title of the post. 

• Like 1

I did, mudgirl, and I stand by what I wrote. You have no idea of what the guy's days are like. As I've previously said, I live with someone who has severe, chronic pain. A rare, positive day for him is being able to get his "to do" list done without suffering for it in the night. It has nothing to do with where we live, but everything to do with HIS particular life. I try not to read too much in between the lines of others because I know how easily things can be misinterpreted. I'm simply saying that we give the OP a little slack and allow him to celebrate having a decent day. In fairness, I think the title of the post was a bit misleading. Regardless, I'm still looking down at the grass!

• Like 2

In fairness, I think the title of the post was a bit misleading.”

That is the crux of the issue — that and the fact that lakeside7 is generally negative about living here. So people familiar with the OP’s outlook read everything after the title in a light more unfavorable than intended by the writer. What lakeside7 expressed has been said here often enough in various ways. 

• Like 5