Chapala.com Webboard

Voter registration

Drew

To vote from abroad, you must register with local election officials in your state of voting residence AND request an absentee ballot. You can use the FPCA to do both. ... If you need help completing or submitting the form, contact the voting assistance officer at the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

We registered at our legal Texas address in Livingston, TX.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

I thought Democrates abroad helped with it during the last election at LCS

Yes they do, and will again. You can also register online at VoteFromAbroad.org. The site is easy to use and steps you through the process using the address where you last voted. It is a good idea to resubmit the form requesting an absentee ballot just so you stay on the voter lists. https://www.votefromabroad.org/

I vote using an address where I rented before moving here 11 years ago. I have no current connection to that address but imagine the current renters get lots of campaign mail for me.

• Thanks 1

https://www.fvap.gov/arizona   That is the site we used to register to vote.  We haven't lived in the U.S. for 22 years.  Used our last address in the U.S. when required, but, we are registered as living in MX.  No need to have a current U.S. address to VoteFromAbroad absentee.

• Like 1