Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Recommended Posts

Ilox was installed on Monday and I haven't been able to use it. I called them and they said that their service was down and that they would have it running again either Tuesday afternoon or in the evening, its Wednesday and its still down. Is anyone else experiencing this outage?

I have the Power light, PON and wifi light but no internet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

I only recently got the service here in SAT and all is good here. One time I was also not getting internet and shut down and restarted the computer and POOF! it was back up and running. Try it. 

Tried restarting computers and modem still nothing we are also in SAT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

luvsdawgs

my experience, short as it was, identical to yours

plus I was a top tier 250/300  plus Tv $15000 one of the first presubscribers

as upsetting as it was at the time, i am happy they disconnected me & refunded

back to Telmex of course

but actually a bit better since then than it was before disconnect
probably just a coincidence

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Called the guy who installed our connection as no one was answering the phone at the office. The service guy said he would be here at my house in 1.5 hours and he never showed, when we called back he said that he doesn't work for ilox and that we must have the wrong number. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

My service sucks, I thought it would be better than Telmex, it is worse. Very slow when it is up and knocked off constantly. Images often do no load, only text.

We have had for several months now and love it.  Absolutely no comparison with Telmex.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A contract with your ISP has rights and obligations for both sides.  But you wouldn´t think that from many of the posts in this thread.  If your service isn´t working to your satisfaction,  there's an even or better chance the issue is on your side..  I´ve seen mis-adressed emails, nonpayment, language problems, slow computers and ports, old drivers..It goes on and on. Minimal behavior would be to show some patience and courtesy  until the cause of the problem can be determined.  The modem is the demarcation point.  All ISP´s have a verification process to remotely enter the modem and `perform a check.   If the modem passes verification, the ISP is much more limited on what they can do to help.   

Yet ISP´s receive dozens of calls every day from customers who simply say my service isn´t working and throw the problem to them.  The ISP have to deal with it best they can.  The reality is, if your service passes verification,  the problem is likely on your side.  In  rare cases, the modem can pass verification and still have an issue, resolved by swapping out. 

Some customers take this to the extreme.  If the ISP concludes the customer won´t be satisfied under any reasonable circumstance, as a last resort they´ll terminate the contract and refund the money.  Stores do that too, at least reputable ones.   There is no breach of contract.  They´re honoring the contract. 

 

 

  

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tkessler said:

A contract with your ISP has rights and obligations for both sides.  But you wouldn´t think that from many of the posts in this thread.  If your service isn´t working to your satisfaction,  there's an even or better chance the issue is on your side..  I´ve seen mis-adressed emails, nonpayment, language problems, slow computers and ports, old drivers..It goes on and on. Minimal behavior would be to show some patience and courtesy  until the cause of the problem can be determined.  The modem is the demarcation point.  All ISP´s have a verification process to remotely enter the modem and `perform a check.   If the modem passes verification, the ISP is much more limited on what they can do to help.   

Yet ISP´s receive dozens of calls every day from customers who simply say my service isn´t working and throw the problem to them.  The ISP have to deal with it best they can.  The reality is, if your service passes verification,  the problem is likely on your side.  In  rare cases, the modem can pass verification and still have an issue, resolved by swapping out. 

Some customers take this to the extreme.  If the ISP concludes the customer won´t be satisfied under any reasonable circumstance, as a last resort they´ll terminate the contract and refund the money.  Stores do that too, at least reputable ones.   There is no breach of contract.  They´re honoring the contract. 

 

 

  

 

 

 

I just had ilox installed on Monday and I haven't even been able to use it nor can I get any help from customer service. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you write the noc@mail.ilox.mx and describe the problem?  That is the preferred customer service path.  If they installed the modem on Monday and verfified service, the ball is probably in your court.   

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tkessler said:

Did you write the noc@mail.ilox.mx and describe the problem?  That is the preferred customer service path.  If they installed the modem on Monday and verfified service, the ball is probably in your court.   

I was in a conversation with noc earlier today they asked for my s/n several times I gave them it several times and then just silence on their end. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tkessler said:

Give them a day or so to verify the modem.  Thats certainly what they´re doing. 

Well when it was installed they told me it would take roughly an hour. I am pretty sure Monday- Wednesday is more than an hour. ( I would google that but I don't have internet)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of Telmex my internet service is off and on the past two weeks.  The problem is not at my house but in "the area."  Other neighbors are experiencing the same problem.  We never know when it will be operational and for how long.  It goes off from one to three times a day for varying times.  We are two blocks up from the Telmex office.  I have filed a report with Telmex.  I feel like the unimportant, and overlooked, child. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jojana said:

Well when it was installed they told me it would take roughly an hour. I am pretty sure Monday- Wednesday is more than an hour. ( I would google that but I don't have internet)

No, that is an hour on Mexican time.  :D

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...