Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw satellite TV

Cheryl Hilton

6 hours ago, Cheryl Hilton said:

Please tell me what is happening with Shaw satellite TV in Mexico. I have had it for years and am losing channels daily.

Is it just going to be over? I cannot get any info and am being pressured to pay up, while getting less and less. Can someone offer any help or advice?

I already answered your question on the previous thread titled "Mazatlán Information" at 3:41 PM Sat. 12th of Oct.

GO BACK AND READ IT!!!!

14 hours ago, Cheryl Hilton said:

Please tell me what is happening with Shaw satellite TV in Mexico. I have had it for years and am losing channels daily.

Is it just going to be over? I cannot get any info and am being pressured to pay up, while getting less and less. Can someone offer any help or advice?

Standard definition channels are almost all converted to HiDef channels now. If you are losing them, it is because you don't have a dish or possibly TV that gets HiDef. That is an easy fix.

On 10/15/2019 at 6:37 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Standard definition channels are almost all converted to HiDef channels now. If you are losing them, it is because you don't have a dish or possibly TV that gets HiDef. That is an easy fix.

I have had two company guys here to check my equipment, the TV itself says it is a go, channels have moved but will not tune in. I expected to be told I need to buy newer, better equipment. But no. I guess Maz Satellite just does not care if I receive 'product' or am a happy customer. They now want my annual fee and aren't offering any solutions. What say you?

We would need to know a few things: what model of receiver do you have? If it is 600 series or 800 series, that will get HiDef. But the LNB on your dish, and it must be the larger dish of the two sizes from Shaw, must be at least a dual-quad. Then, your receiver must be registered properly by the Maz people to reflect that information.

Were you getting any programs in HiDef before? If you were, you should still. If you have the CLASSIC channel lineup, those channels start at 002 and go up to about 200.

Does anyone have an updated list of Shaw Direct channels accessible in Mexico since their conversion to HD only and renumbering of Channels? Trying to figure out which channel numbers are accessible in Mexico now. I have the new numeric and alphabetical Shaw Direct channel listings, just trying to narrow down what we get. Any help would be appreciated. 

• 1 month later...

Got an email from Shaw today concerning the channel lineup changes.

We're now in the final stage of completing our network upgrades. This last stage will bring you a reorganized line-up of nearly all-HD channels, which are grouped by theme, making them easier to find. This final change will take place on November 22, 2019.  

We just wanted to give you a heads up and remind you no action is required on your part.

With your new channel line-up, please keep in mind:
  • Most of your channels will be found on a new channel number.
  • Your recordings and reminders should not be affected and will continue as normal. 
  • Use the link below to view the updated channel listings.
2c77e20b-a46d-430f-974e-235b2f625f63.jpg
You can find an updated, printable channel line-up and comparison chart at shawdirect.ca/newlineup.  

Again, no action is required on your part. Just sit back and enjoy your nearly all-HD line-up. 
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Did he update it? It's not easy unless you can access your own account. Shaw receivers download their updates in the wee hours, and it is unusual behaviour for an update to break anything.

No, he said he couldn't update it so I had to buy a new box. I still have the old one and it seems like such a waste. I don't know if the guy in SJC really knew what was wrong. Anywhoo,