Chapala.com Webboard

Canadian News Channel

slainte39

CBC or CTV all news channel are much better that the business news channel for world and national Canadian news, not regional news, on the Shaw Satellite System.

I agree with cedros and if you have the classic Shaw Channel listing and CNN is on 95 and CTV now is on channel 94 and CBC National news if now found on channel 96.

So the three national news channels are now on channels 94,95, and 96 where channels 94 and 96 or Canadian national/world news and channel 95 is US national/world news

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happyjillin said:

CTV. CBC is known for a certain bias. Why would anyone bother the OP with CNN when he clearly asked for a Canadian source .

Thank you all for your replies.

Thanks, I´m fully up to date on CNN-

My question to you is…...Does Edmonton still have a hockey team and are they any good this year?

1 hour ago, slainte39 said:

My question to you is…...Does Edmonton still have a hockey team and are they any good this year?

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/cult-of-hockey/one-of-the-unsung-heroes-in-the-edmonton-oilers-shining-5-0-start-has-been-a-player-far-too-many-critics-love-to-hate-9-things

2 hours ago, slainte39 said:

The Edmonton Oilers have won their first 5 games setting records and are first overall in the whole league[NHL]. They have, who is considered the best player in the world, Connor McDavid who is only 22.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:28 AM, happyjillin said:

I would go to CTV. CBC is known for a certain bias. Why would anyone bother the OP with CNN when he clearly asked for a Canadian source .

I don't agree, and all due respect I don't think a new viewer should be introduced to the station that way. CBC suffers the slings and arrows and has for decades, simply because it is the government-funded outlet. BBC has been listening to the same complaints for even longer. However, if one were to take the opinion that any news channel that isn't conservative is biased in the other direction, well, perhaps.

25 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

I don't agree, and all due respect I don't think a new viewer should be introduced to the station that way. CBC suffers the slings and arrows and has for decades, simply because it is the government-funded outlet. BBC has been listening to the same complaints for even longer. However, if one were to take the opinion that any news channel that isn't conservative is biased in the other direction, well, perhaps.

I prefer newspapers,in any event, and the CBC bias is as plain as the nose on your face. BBC is so far above CBC that there is no comparison to be made.