Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
Ajijic_hiker

drowning at the Ajijic pier

Posted by one of the local news sources 21 minutes ago- "The search to locate the man who entered the #Chapala lake in the #Ajijic dock area is still in progress. Joel Adolfo, 31, entered the lake to look for a ball, but it didn't come out anymore. It was around seven in the afternoon when some children played on the dock with a ball, but it went to the lake, so Joel launched to retrieve it, but according to the version of relatives, he was spotted and then submerged in water."

• Sad 3

The bomberos looked for him but quit searching at around 4:00 Saturday afternoon.  I had a gut feeling I would find him so I went to the pier with my binoculars.  There was noone there except an Uncle and Aunt.  She was singing him in.  We shared the binoculars and after about half an hour spotted him about a block east of the pier and about 1/2 a block from shore.  The Uncle whistled and hollered that we found him.  The family was on the malecon and they came running.  They looked through the binoculars to see him.  Then the police came and later the bomberos.  A local fisherman rowed out to him and confirmed it was him.  The police told him not to lift him out because that was supposed to be done by the bomberos.  Later the bomberos came with 2 kayaks and a blowup boat and went out and got him.  Such a sad day for so many locals to lose one of their own.  A 34 year old man with a 9 year old son.  

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 5