Chapala.com Webboard

Calendar 2020

Floradude

I am looking for an American style large 2020 calendar.  This is the type that is 12" x 12" when folded shut.  Up until last year I have always bought these at Costco but starting last year they no longer sell calendars.  If you know of a place that sells them either at Lakeside or Guadalajara please let me know.

I just know that every year one or more local artists make large calendars of the type one would hang on a wall. And banks offer slightly smaller triangular calendars that stand up on ones desk. My Actinver Bank triangular calendar is about 7.5 inches high by about 8.5 inches wide, with a new page for each month.

Belva and Enrique Velazquez Gallery has the large foldout calendars for sale now in the gallery, located on 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic,  west of the Lake Chapala Society, in the middle of the next block on the right side of the street (mountain side). They have plenty of room in each date to make notes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johanson said:

I just know that every year one or more local artists make large calendars of the type one would hang on a wall. And banks offer slightly smaller triangular calendars that stand up on ones desk. My Actinver Bank triangular calendar is about 7.5 inches high by about 8.5 inches wide, with a new page for each month.

I am not sure Actinver produced one for 2019 only small thing's...I picked my 2019 up from O'Rourke-Lloyd. They hand them out like candies not gold dust

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

I am not sure Actinver produced one for 2019 only small thing's...I picked my 2019 up from O'Rourke-Lloyd. They hand them out like candies not gold dust

Yes they did have some of the type I explained above, but not the large wall calendars

3 hours ago, gringal said:

Belva and Enrique Velazquez Gallery has the large foldout calendars for sale now in the gallery, located on 16 de Septiembre in Ajijic,  west of the Lake Chapala Society, in the middle of the next block on the right side of the street (mountain side). They have plenty of room in each date to make notes.

My favorite calendar....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RickS said:

My favorite calendar....

Another other good thing about the artists' calendar is that it notes all the holidays: Mexican, U.S. and Canadian as well as various religious days, in tiny but legible print.

Their gallery is well worth a visit.  Some beautiful work is displayed.

Belva and Enrique are fully bilingual, for those who are Spanish impaired.😉

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Floradude said:

I know about all the local calendars but I asked about an American style calendar where Sunday is the first day; not Saturday. Even though I have been here well over 16 years somethings just never change.  At my age I am often confused about the date as it is 😄

On my calendar referred to above, the first day is Today...Sunday.

My smaller Actinver triangular calendar, explained above, has Sunday, not Saturday as it's first day of the week, as well. I don't remember seeing any calendars starting the week with Saturday. But I am not a calendar expert.:) :)