Chapala.com Webboard

New Channel on Shaw Direct

johanson

For those of you who have the classic channel listings on your Shaw Direct satellite receivers, you get CNN on channel 95.

Well guess what popped up for the first time on Channel 94? It appears to be the Canadian equivalent CNN on CTV. It is called

CTV NEWS.ca

What I wrote about this channel  is what it appears to be to me after a couple of hours of watching. If I am wrong please correct me. All I know is that in the past I didn't have anything on channel 94. It was a blank channel.

Thanks for the correction. I had only discovered channel 94 and I knew about 95, CNN. I hadn't yet noticed that now we have the CBC national news network on channel 96

As a kid living in the states south of Vancouver, BC we always watched CBUT (CBC) channel two and I greatly appreciated Peter Mansbridge  on The National. I was sad when he retired after 30 years with CBC on July 1, 2017. (I had to ask Mr. Google when Peter retired)