Chapala.com Webboard

USA SS COLA

check to see if there is a medicare insurance raise this year which will cancel out any SS increase.

I opted out of medicare so the last few years i actually did get an increase in my pocket.

I call it govt math, they give in one hand than take back with the other hand.

yes you are getting COLA but not in your pocket, they are using it to pay any increases in medicare insurance.

at least with he last COLA raise.

1 hour ago, traderspoc said:

check to see if there is a medicare insurance raise this year which will cancel out any SS increase.

I call it govt math, they give in one hand than take back with the other hand.

yes you are getting COLA but not in your pocket, they are using it to pay any increases in medicare insurance.

at least with he last COLA raise.

I guess that is one way of looking at it.... a conspiracy that our government is deploying so that we can never get ahead. Poor us.

SS payments increases if/as the cost of living index increases. Period. It's the law.   Part B insurance may or may not increase annually due to costs of that program... each of us paying our fair share of the increase. Period.  No conspiracy. That increase CANNOT be more than the increase in COLA for any given year. The law.  Our government looking out for us IMO. 

Let the wring of hands continue....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickS said:

I guess that is one way of looking at it.... a conspiracy that our government is deploying so that we can never get ahead. Poor us. 

IMO SS increases if/as the cost of living index increases. Period. It's the law.   Part B insurance may or may not increase annually due to costs... each of us paying our fair share of the increase. Period.  No conspiracy. 

Thanks.  Some people don't feel they should pay for what they receive. Why can't the "government" just print some more money so I don't have to chip in?  Does "Clueless" fit this situation?

• Like 2