Chapala.com Webboard

Disabled American, age 65 needs immdiate Zamora -->Guadalajara

GaryM

I was lured into Zamora by someone who "indicated" they were interested in marriage. I am alone, on (Sat??)Friday 5th, Oct. and I'm sure I will be on the street tonight. I am disabled since 9/2010, with large medical bills. I have trouble walking. I need to make it too Guadalajara by the 22, but need to be gone from Zamora by today/tonight..  or as soon as I can get help.

I CAN PAY GAS, IF THAT"S A CONCERN!!

I am frightened and desperate, is there anyone that can come and get me and simply get me to a safe place temporarily?!

I don't have enough money to reschedule my plane ticket to an earlier date.

My Cell number is (I bought it in Zamora, Moviestar if that is relevant) 351 166 7666.

I was educated in chemistry & and physiology, and developed a solar panel with a mechanical eng. Prof (MSU, Bozeman) before I became disabled.

My name is Gary McClurg. Please contact me on Whatsapp. 

Email:      gary.m.brightsolar@gmail.com

*PLEASE CALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, I'M QUITE FRIGHTENED!

I am still in Zamora. It is now Satrdy nite.

I am just trying to say and do nothing to call attention to my self.

I ried calling the embassy today and they said that they didn't "pick up citizens". 

If anyone reads this please call me if you can?

7 hours ago, MarkWebles said:

The problem with your post, GaryM, is you have failed to use a sufficient number of exclamation points. Without the requisite  overwrought sense of urgency, your plea for succor will likely fall on deaf ears. Not that it wouldn't anyway.

I don't know if you're mocking me or ??. 

I'm in a terribele situation. I guess your answer is why I don't live in the US anymore, not that there aren't predators elsewhere as well. That sort of disrespect I don't remember being in the US as a child, nor is it typicallty in the more educated Latins that I have seen in CO & MX. People typically responded to other's distresses. My father was a wonderful example. I will add some "!s", and hope you're correct. (I'm a disabled chemist, and I typically am drawn to  just 'facts', hence the 'facts' without !!!!!s. I hope you're right. )

Edited by GaryM
Correct info

My name is Gary McClurg, age 65, on SSDI since 9/2010. I've had 4 shoulder surgeries and I'm at the begining of Parkinsons disease. I can't lift anything, and I can't, as a result, get out of here, from the 2nd floor. I also can't speak spanish well enough to get a taxi, and to have them take me to the appropriate bus line.  I need help from someone who speaks english & can help me with the 4 luggage pieces.   

This is turning into a very intimidating situation! I am also having the "runs" straight for 2 weeks, now, with constant cramping. I will soon have really serious medcall issues that may kill me as I have some signs of electrolite loss too, which is what I wonder if this woman is intending. She Lured me into a stuation with the 'lure' of marriage, and commentary of taking care of me, which I had in Bogota. I have eaten minimally for the past 5 days, as there is little to eat here. 

If someone is available to hellp for a few hours, I can at least pay for the gas cost for someone to get me from Chapala. I have someone to help at the legion (Tim, an officer) if I can get there Tim said.

351 166 7666. Please call me on Whatsapp?

Edited by GaryM
Added info

I've had both my legs and both my arms amputated, and most of my neck severed (I got better), but you don't hear me complaining. But seriously, this is not the place for sympathy: we have an infestation of reactionary relics who constantly pine for McCarthy (Joe, not Eugene, but you knew that) and when all right thinking conservatives were Democrats. "Curse you Lyndon B. Johnson!" We'd try DDT, but you know, regulations.

Gary, I am amazed that you got yourself from Bogota to Zamora all handicapped and non-Spanish speaking but now can’t get yourself from a second floor apartment. You left the woman who was caring for you in Bogata because you got a better offer from a woman in Zamora. You were able to do that but can not now get to Guadalajara (or Chapala depending on which post I believe) without the help of strangers on the internet. You have to understand why you are being met with some skepticism. In addition to the above mentioned infestation of reactionary relics we are up to our necks in scammers and con men (and con women... con people?) here. 

If you can get to Chapala do so and go directly to the bus station. Then the airport.  Fly back to Bogata or USA 

If USA  go to the vet hospital.  If this is all true.  Hard to think someone living in Bogata does not speak Spanish.

My goodness 65 years old and talked into promise of marriage????

20 hours ago, Xena said:

Gary, I am amazed that you got yourself from Bogota to Zamora all handicapped and non-Spanish speaking but now can’t get yourself from a second floor apartment. You left the woman who was caring for you in Bogata because you got a better offer from a woman in Zamora. You were able to do that but can not now get to Guadalajara (or Chapala depending on which post I believe) without the help of strangers on the internet. You have to understand why you are being met with some skepticism. In addition to the above mentioned infestation of reactionary relics we are up to our necks in scammers and con men (and con women... con people?) here. 

'Xena', at first I was a little offended, but I've been objective all my life, being instructed by a wonderful father, and later required in a Chem/Bio. degree at SPU, Seattle (1979, graduated). later included coursework at MT State U/Boz.--Chem. Eng.

All someone has to do  is ask for references, which I have quite an impressive array, if they want. I don't like to bother people, as I've always been able to manage things myself. It appears the onset of Parkinson's is affecting my judgement/vigilence which is seriously humilitating (SSDI since 9/2010). This woman knew I have had medical problems, and had "promised" to take care of me, 'being in "love".

No I did not have a woman 'taking' care of me in Bogota, as she (a translator for the US Emb. & the Science/Medical establishment there for 35 years), Cecile aged 65 herself,  has been helping me and "keeping an eye on me", as a tenent, for 2 years. The church (UCB, only english one there) I go to keeps an eye out on me, with various people too. It has proved a difficult situation, as not any 1 person has time to watch me ALL the time. I was hoping this woman's verbiage to me was the real deal, but it has turned out not to be. I've now been here 2 weeks. I have missed ongoing medical appointments in Bogota in the past, as I can't have someone available to help ALWAYS when I need it, which is more often now. Hence this scamming dangerous fiasco that I'm stuck in. I've called the embassy and they have said that they "don't pick people up", and if in a violent situation, to call the police. I'm not in a violent (yet? I can't predict this) situation. I'm simply being left alone, functionally locked in, and with an inability to get my luggage off the second floor. I DO understand some spanish, But I dont understand much of what is said, as they speak fast, then I loose all comprehension. I don't know anything about the busses here, and where to get to them. I have ONLY my CCard, no cash, so I can't pay a taxi. THAT is why I'm stuck between the medical, cashless(I do have about $900 total from my SSDI deposit from the nite of the 5th) , and langusge issues. People with neurological issues have often STM and judgement issues, which are now quite evident to me. I used to be quite able to care for myself and manage the world. 

I understand garbage on the web, but simply put, ask for verification. (one of my friends, Steve Daines, is speaker of the Senate, we both went through Chemical Eng., Went to the same church, and I worked on his campaign. Among many others, including 2 neurologists who were partners in 2 different compnies from 1986 onward.)

Being kind involves taking the time to think and to analyze accurately, instead of rushing to abusive conclusions. This is a real & dangerous predicament I am in. I can walk, but I can't lift, as I've had 4 shoulder surgeries, and 6 back surgeries. I got to the second floor with help, and slowly. I flew (with a wheelchair at each end of the flight) to Guadalajara, and then she picked me up there. I had checked the american communities in the area, hence the referal to Chapala. Logical.

This is part of the financial reason, including the greater ability of my SSDI/SS to 'pay for life' in cheaper LATAM, that I moved to CO originally. I thought I found something better here. Latin culture Often, is profoundly better than Am. culture and it's ugly personalities.   The instant, presumptive, callous, often dishonest, rudness of Americans, and a country that is a clear police state was the main reason I moved to LATAM. It is continously proven true in ALL respects. Try to find out the facts before you kneejerk a reaction, as that can be quite damaging to particularly vulnerable, & distressed people (in this case, elderly & alone). Some of  us are too proud and independent to let most people know our situations. It is apparent you answered solely to attack, instead of fact finding and potentially helping, no other words were evident. If you are actually human, then use this as a lesson, and just do your homework, First.

Edited by GaryM
Added info.

Some of the questions here are reasonable, mostly from Mark W., however, it's interesting that the nasty and condemning comments are from N.Am. women. It is the very reason I only considered Latins. And yes, Scammng does occur here, as in Am./Canada. However, it is common knowledge that seniors are common targets of scammers. We don't think as well as we did, which is typcal of ageing. It is worse with the front end stages of dementia, Parkinsons(myself), prior concussions (myself), etc. These affect the STM (Short Term Memory) first, as the Long term Memory is typically intact and makes us believe we can still 'do' things like before. I find it amazing how critical it is that it's almost exclusively that it's the N/ AM. women here that rush to criticism or worse. That for 1 reason, is why I moveed to LATAM. I am a retired chemist, on SSDI (9/2010) since final decision of diability. I worked through $1.1M in medical bills from 8/96, and worked full time, often from my hospital beds(42 total weeks hospitalized since 8/96. Last time for 6 weeks as my intestines had completely quit working, due to anesthesia from a shoulder surgery, 12/22/17--2/2/18). 

I have found other sources, today, of help in Chapala (a concentrated group of people there at a church that I belong to, denominationally), which I am having my credentials, & history available to. This 'page' has now proven itself worthless and typically (mean & ruthlessly)american.  I generally prefer latins for reasons related to the attitudes/presumptions/behaviors here, which are often sweet and thoughtful. They understand polite, humane behavior, which is how it was in the US when I was little. I will be going back to CO as soon as possible. My american friends there have learned a lot from the latins about how to be human, and they are people I trust consequently, as I do my Latin friends.  

For others that consider themselves human, to avoid scammers, just verify, so that you can validly help others in need if you Actully enjoy helping others and putting their needs first (a stated "christian" feature). Never be rude and too self-impressed.

Edited by GaryM
Additional Info

Please let us know how you're doing, not everyone here on this board is so callous as to not have pity on your situation. Unfortunately most of us have no way of helping you even if we could. We are in Latin America for some of the same reasons that you are and love the people and their cultural ethos. It seems there are scammers and evil people in every country and you happened to find one of them.  Be careful of "coming out" to people at large as the baddies are looking for someone just like you to take advantage of, you are with one now. Hope the church group can help you, if not the Jehovah's Witnesses are all over Mexico, many speak english and may have some helpful ideas. Good vibes are being sent to you, may today be better than yesterday.