Chapala.com Webboard

Mechanic - electrical

RCman

Been awhile since I’ve needed electrical work done :ie: power window will work today but not tomorrow. Not a good problem, especially in rainy seaso. Any sugg3stions as to where to take it. Previous owner did all his work in Joco so I could go there. However, not a big fan of driving back and forth to Joco especially if it takes a few days to fix. Don’t have a backup car.  Any suggestions of your experiences locally?

If you mean auto electronics, then El Seiko in Chapala is head and shoulders above the rest. He is on Madero. 269C. About the 4th last shop on the right before you get to the little bridge. You can't miss him; always a buncha cars parked out front. Little garage storefront, right beside a roast chicken place. He speaks no English, but one of his workers speaks some.

He's replaced the motors on my power windows (each motor cost about 700 incl labour) and next week he is replacing a motor on my power seat. Some time ago he fixed a car speaker in the door by replacing the tweeter, instead of making me buy a new speaker.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

If you mean auto electronics, then El Seiko in Chapala is head and shoulders above the rest. He is on Madero. 269C. About the 4th last shop on the right before you get to the little bridge. You can't miss him; always a buncha cars parked out front. Little garage storefront, right beside a roast chicken place. He speaks no English, but one of his workers speaks some.

He's replaced the motors on my power windows (each motor cost about 700 incl labour) and next week he is replacing a motor on my power seat. Some time ago he fixed a car speaker in the door by replacing the tweeter, instead of making me buy a new speaker.

You must have a Chrysler product....🤣😥 

I guess there is some history there with Chryslers? No, it's actually a Buick. What they used to call a grampa car. Terrible for parking, but so good on cobbles and highways. Being a 2006, I am happy with the longevity of most components.