Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard
geeser

Anthropogenic Climate change gets it's day in court

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=582445912290002&_rdr

2 cycle scooters are big polluters, aren't they?

Actually yes.  Two cycle engines put out a lot of emissions for their size. But that is not the real problem in those countries.  The real problem is burning of fossil fuels for a lot of purposes without any emission controls.  This will help you understand.  Transportation is only one source of emissions.  BTW car ownership in China is growing faster than anywhere.  There are already over 300 million cars there and the rate of growth is quite high.  Bottom line is any reduction on our end gets overwhelmed by the rapid growth of fossil fuel use, mainly for power, in the developing world.  Seems those other folks want what we have.  If we give ours up, they won't be doing so.

https://www.thethirdpole.net/en/2018/12/06/india-and-china-drive-global-uptick-in-carbon-emissions/

Quote

In a sobering report released by the Global Carbon Project during the annual UN climate summit being held in Poland, Chinese and Indian emissions were identified as the key drivers in global emissions. After a brief lull in growth, fossil carbon dioxide emissions that cause global warming are likely to rise by as much as 2.7% in 2018 after expanding by 1.6% last year. The projected rise is driven by “solid growth” in coal use for the second year in a row, and “sustained growth” in oil and gas use.

This development comes after three years of little or no growth and is reminiscent of the decade ending 2013 (known as the year of peak coal), when emissions grew by over 3% every year. That peak could be surpassed if coal use continues to rise in China and India.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Chinas-Carbon-Emissions-Surged-535-In-10-Years-Time.html

Now India is still below the U.S. and the E. U. but growing fast.  Same basic problem again, power generation.  You can only get so far with solar and wind, you have to have something more predictable for baseline and night time power supply.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 4:07 PM, David Rodwell said:

If you are going to hook your wagon to Tim Ball's star, I think I'd go looking for another hero.

Oh my...there I've gone and done it...I have opened myself up to all the puerile name calling and innuendo of the climate deniers! Why does the fringe even fight this. If 9 brain surgeons tell me I have a tumor and a foot surgeon says it's a hoax, I am going with the 9 trained experts.

We are blessed there are not many of you out there!

And while we are at it 9/11 and the landing on the moon were hoaxes.

Whenever I see this type of "argument" being made for anything...I know the author is bereft of the ability to make an intelligent argument. Sad but oh so common.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think about this. How many wood burning fireplaces, pizza ovens, chicken bbq's here?? 

 Fireplace and wood stove (per 4 hours of burning): 150 grams of pollution

- Car, model 1992 (per 30 km): 0.5 g

- Car, model 2009 (per 30 km): 0.15 g

So 1,000 cars will need to drive 30KM each to equal 4 hours of a wood burning fireplace in the pollution produced.

Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Maine, Oregon & Washington have all enacted fireplace laws. In one Ccalifornia county it is illegal to build a new house with a wood burning fireplace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think that anyone will change minds with these back and forth arguments on this forum about this subject.

A total waste of time from any oerspective.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real problem with Anthropogenic Climate Change is that there is No settled science. Well at least not except "the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, first people in the Americas was 10,000 ago, there was no moon landing. The climate has always changed. The earth's sea level is rising 2.8mm

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/10/the_problem_with_anthropogenic_global_warming.html

"It is cruel as well as imprudent to advocate the squandering of trillions on the basis of results from such immature models.  Current climate policies pointlessly, grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable, continuous electrical power. “We urge you to follow a climate policy based on sound science, realistic economics and genuine concern for those harmed by costly but unnecessary attempts at mitigation,” they declare."  from a letter by 500 Climate Scientist to U.N.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, geeser said:

The real problem with Anthropogenic Climate Change is that there is No settled science. Well at least not except "the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth, first people in the Americas was 10,000 ago, there was no moon landing. The climate has always changed. The earth's sea level is rising 2.8mm

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/10/the_problem_with_anthropogenic_global_warming.html

"It is cruel as well as imprudent to advocate the squandering of trillions on the basis of results from such immature models.  Current climate policies pointlessly, grievously undermine the economic system, putting lives at risk in countries denied access to affordable, continuous electrical power. “We urge you to follow a climate policy based on sound science, realistic economics and genuine concern for those harmed by costly but unnecessary attempts at mitigation,” they declare."  from a letter by 500 Climate Scientist to U.N.  

Geeser, you are a liar. ...and a bad one at that. I found the source text from which your quote is drawn and it comes as no surprise to anyone except maybe MC and his coterie of fabulists that very few of the signees to this document are Climate Scientist (sic) and that most aren't scientists at all. I'll post here just one of many examples just to make you look ridiculous...

10. Allen MacRae, retired Engineer, Canada

It goes without saying that the quote itself has no merit. ...and scientific findings are always considered provisional. This is not news. You might want to try a source that has a bit more credibility than does americanthinker.com.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/

"Overall, we rate the American Thinker, Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy theories/pseudoscience, use of poor sources and failed fact checks."

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, MarkWebles said:

Geeser, you are a liar. ...and a bad one at that.

Why do you seem to think a personal attack like this is helpful? It used to be prohibited on this board.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, gringohombre said:

What has this to do with Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara???

Let’s keep it real here folks. This belongs on some Loony Tunes Global Warming The Sky is Falling Twitter Bird Something site. Please go away!!!

Mainecoons, you are of course right and I admit falling prey to this comment above and I apologize to all for rising to the bait. I was out of line. This board seems to have a lot of name calling and back biting. I am generally not used to it and it simply leaves me unsettled. I believe I will simply fold my tent and leave the discussions to those with thicker skins!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This webboard was set up for people help each other to manage to live in foreign country.
And there are some good examples that it works....for people on any side of the spectrum.
If someone comes and tries to pontificate their political views and other believes they migt get bitten.
Do not forget that this platform has an international audience and you are not in Kansas any more.

All the best.
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, slainte39 said:

This board is read and followed……...and occasionally have postings,  by Mexicans.  It is not just used by foreigners.

That is good Slainte39, I'd love to hear more from our Mexican friends. It would be very valuable here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if I remember correctly, Slainte39 isn't from Canada or the US either. Yet he speaks both American English and Mexican Spanish without an accent.  I am rather envious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johanson said:

And if I remember correctly, Slainte39 isn't from Canada or the US either. Yet he speaks both American English and Mexican Spanish without an accent.  I am rather envious. 

Not quite correct Pete.  I speak American English with a Mexican accent,  Mexican Spanish with an American Accent , and Irish with a Canadian accent.

Ah hell, let´s just be honest……..I don´t speak very well…..period.   :D

I do try and speak for the Mexican perspective on this board but Mexicans like every other nationality have many different views on the same subject, so I can´t always be accurate or all inclusive.  Four generations of blood family here does give me a look from several different views and age perspectives. as well as, business and educational experience of all the different family members and other close associates and friends. all Mexican, like my family.

In my humble opinion, most Mexicans judge the person,  and not the nationality of foreigners and they will pick and choose their favorites and their "not so fond of", just like we do among our own kind.  That´s why I hate to see foreigners stereotype Mexicans in a solid mass, like how they drive, rip off "gringos", never show up on time, and a dozen other things that some foreigners think all Mexicans do the same way. It makes see a little "red" when someone starts a rant with the word "Mexicans", instead of "some people".

 

 

 

 

some people"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slainte- there's also what I think of as a kind of reverse discrimination- where foreigners, thinking they are being sensitive and respectful, defend things like blasting techno music until 4 AM, saying things like "It's their country" and "It's Mexican culture".  Those kinds of things aren't Mexican culture, and there are tons of Mexicans who hate it as much as most foreigners do. I've hung out with some educated chilangos and they listen to the same type of music I do, and certainly not at ear-splitting decibel levels. Unless one speaks Spanish, has actually studied Mexican culture, travelled in many parts of the country and had interaction with different classes and levels of education among Mexicans, I find it presumptuous to espouse that something is Mexican culture simply based on experience in the small area where a foreigner has settled. 

It's just as discriminatory towards Mexicans as a whole to insinuate that they all uncaringly disturb their neighbors as it is to portray them as scammers, terrible drivers or always late or no shows.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter which side of the climate debate  one agrees with ...the educated or the ...uneducated ( take that as you will ) it’s obvious to me that the species  “ homosapien “  no longer deserves to live on this planet . The species kills  itself for fun and pretty much every thing else on the planet . We poison the rivers and oceans , pollute the atmosphere so badly that it kills hundreds of thousands every year . Children by the million die from starvation  , lack of potable water or disease .that is readily curable .  At any given time dozens of wars and internal conflicts are supplied with weapons for profit  , ,supplied by so called  democracies...it’s good business , never mind the consequences . I could go on but you get the gist ...unless you’re stupid . What we  need is a huge asteroid or a major pandemic to wipe this ugly brown stain i e ...man  off this wonderful planet .

 th 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hud said:

It's both cute and demoralizing that you think 120 year old weather prognostications are relevant to anything today. Giver the Right's abysmal record for choosing sides on the more pressing issues of the day, I say: Keep-up the good work! ...and BTW, any monkey can play your game...

https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/21-TruthsThat-Prove-Republicans-Have-Been-Wrong-About-Everything

If nothing else, the Right loves to create fear where none exists, then play upon those fears. And as ignorance breeds fear, you got Betsy DeVos to insure that that fear only grows. 

ETA: sincere apologies to monkeys everywhere; We know you know better than to drink from that great big cup of stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

No matter which side of the climate debate  one agrees with ...the educated or the ...uneducated ( take that as you will ) it’s obvious to me that the species  “ homosapien “  no longer deserves to live on this planet . The species kills  itself for fun and pretty much every thing else on the planet . We poison the rivers and oceans , pollute the atmosphere so badly that it kills hundreds of thousands every year . Children by the million die from starvation  , lack of potable water or disease .that is readily curable .  At any given time dozens of wars and internal conflicts are supplied with weapons for profit  , ,supplied by so called  democracies...it’s good business , never mind the consequences . I could go on but you get the gist ...unless you’re stupid . What we  need is a huge asteroid or a major pandemic to wipe this ugly brown stain i e ...man  off this wonderful planet .

 th 

Are you perhaps, inadvertently, making the case for the world's cleanest countries to wipe the world's dirtiest off the planet and thus decrease the amount of pollution by about 75%...hmmm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Define "cleanest" for us, if you can, as it pertains to pollution. Sounds like a page from the creationists handbook and it's "kinds". Per capita, the United States wins the title of the world's most polluting country (and we all know how Americans like titles, no matter how dubious) . Wipe it off the planet? If wishes were horses...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MarkWebles said:

Define "cleanest" for us, if you can, as it pertains to pollution. Sounds like a page from the creationists handbook and it's "kinds". Per capita, the United States wins the title of the world's most polluting country (and we all know how Americans like titles, no matter how dubious) . Wipe it off the planet? If wishes were horses...

MW...my post was a question to the person I quoted. I did not rank countries from worst to best so...calm yourself down and learn how to have an opinion and let others have theirs without bursting a blood vessel.  You'll never live to a ripe old age the way you're going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Paco Loco said:

When liars figure, figures lie. The scientific method of comparing apples to apples instead of the climate alarmist apples to oranges methodology revealed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8455KEDitpU&time_continue=744

Tony Heller? This Tony Heller? AKA Steve Goddard? "When liars figure, figures lie". Yeah, this is something Tony Heller would know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLjkLPnIPPw

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MarkWebles said:

Tony Heller? This Tony Heller? AKA Steve Goddard? "When liars figure, figures lie". Yeah, this is something Tony Heller would know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLjkLPnIPPw

 

I hope you take daily BP readings and report same to your cardiologist...dude, you're gonna have a stroke.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...