Chapala.com Webboard

Anthropogenic Climate change gets it's day in court

geeser

Finally anthropogenic global warming made it to court. Penn. State's Michael Mann sued a real climatologist Dr Tim Ball. Professor Mann  ordered to pay court costs, for failure to produce supporting evidence to prove his claim that global temperatures took a sharp upward turn when the Industrial Revolution and fossil-fuel use began pouring CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.   Pay up :()!

1 hour ago, geeser said:

Finally anthropogenic global warming made it to court. Penn. State's Michael Mann sued a real climatologist Dr Tim Ball. Professor Mann  ordered to pay court costs, for failure to produce supporting evidence to prove his claim that global temperatures took a sharp upward turn when the Industrial Revolution and fossil-fuel use began pouring CO2 emissions into the atmosphere.   Pay up :()!

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/08/michael_manns_treering_circus.html

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/american-thinker/%3famp

• Like 1

Please don't read any of this. You won't believe it anyway and it will just frustrate you. It's sorta like trying to teaching a pig to sing...it takes a long time, is very difficult and generally irritates the pig!

The Frontier Centre for Public Policy's web site published a February 2011 interview, in which Ball told an anonymous interviewer that Michael E. Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Pennsylvania State University, "should be in the State Pen, not Penn State". This referred to Mann's role in the Climatic Research Unit email controversy.[57] Mann then sued Ball and Frontier Centre for libel,[58] and stated that he was seeking punitive damages and for the article to be removed from the web site.[59] On 7 June 2019 the Frontier Centre For Public Policy published a retraction and apology[60] and settled their part of the case with Mann.[61] On 21 March 2019 Tim Ball had applied to the court to dismiss the action for delay, this request was granted at a hearing on 22 August 2019, and court costs were awarded to Ball. The actual defamation claims were not judged, but instead the case was dismissed due to delay by Mann's legal team.[62]

Ball is well known as an anti-evolution proponent. He is so far out of the scientific mainstream as to be just a few miles past the moon.

In 2011, Ball found himself at the receiving end of a couple of libel suits. In February, University of Victoria climatologist (and now a member of the British Columbia legislature) Andrew Weaver filed a lawsuit against Ball for his op-eds that accused Weaver of incompetence and corruption. In March, Penn State climatologist Michael Mann filed a lawsuit against Ball and his think tank for publishing statements on their websites that claimed Mann was complicit in a "cover-up" of Climategate and that he had committed scientific fraud.[14]

Since the suits were launched Canada Free Press has retracted one of the interviews with Ball on the website.[15] Furthermore, they seem to have scrubbed a good deal of Ball's articles and Ball-related material.[16]

In February, 2018, the suit by Weaver was dismissed on the grounds that Ball's attack on Weaver was so stupid and inept that it couldn't be considered libelous thus doing no injury to Weaver's reputation to an informed reader. [17] Therefore the official judgement of the Canadian court system is that Tim Ball is either an incompetent :() or someone pretending to be an incompetent :().

If you are going to hook your wagon to Tim Ball's star, I think I'd go looking for another hero.

Oh my...there I've gone and done it...I have opened myself up to all the puerile name calling and innuendo of the climate deniers! Why does the fringe even fight this. If 9 brain surgeons tell me I have a tumor and a foot surgeon says it's a hoax, I am going with the 9 trained experts.

We are blessed there are not many of you out there!

And while we are at it 9/11 and the landing on the moon were hoaxes.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, geeser said:

Even the UN IPCC don't think climate policy is about climate change at all.

Video here showing climate change though real is not man-made.

https://videos.whatfinger.com/2019/09/22/my-gift-to-climate-alarmists-climate-alarmists-debunked/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/whatfinger/%3famp

Most importantly, Al Gore's Climate Reality presentation will be presented for free in both Spanish and English this coming weekend Oct 5 at LCS. It's part of the Recycling Party. I hope you folks are ok with recycling??

I am an Al Gore trained and certified presenter of this program as well and am trying to arrange a second presentation in December!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, AlanMexicali said:

Why not show the errors in the charts presented?

Few dispute that the climate has changed and always will. It was much warmer when Greenland was green. It was also much colder when earth endured the maunder minimum 1450-1540. The climate has changed since the world was created and will continue to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, geeser said:

Why not show the errors in the charts presented?

Few dispute that the climate has changed and always will. It was much warmer when Greenland was green. It was also much colder when earth endured the maunder minimum 1450-1540. The climate has changed since the world was created and will continue to.

geeser- there's no point arguing or pointing out the flaws in climate changers' thinkings or beliefs. If they wish to display their ignorance on public forums, the only people they are hurting are themselves. They are best left ignored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

What has this to do with Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara???

Let’s keep it real here folks. This belongs on some Loony Tunes Global Warming The Sky is Falling Twitter Bird Something site. Please go away!!!

Oh, I forgot, Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara aren't actually a part of this planet. They exist on some other plane which isn't affected by anything else.

You can choose not to read things that upset you, you know.

10 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

Oh, I forgot, Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara aren't actually a part of this planet. They exist on some other plane which isn't affected by anything else.

You can choose not to read things that upset you, you know.

Look: "The pot calling the kettle black"  !!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hud said:

ship......If they wish to display their ignorance on public forums, the only people they are hurting are themselves. They are best left ignored.

There you go again.... calling folks you disagree with ignorant.  Is that valuable?  To you?

1 minute ago, RickS said:

There you go again.... calling folks you disagree with ignorant.  Is that valuable?  To you?

I don't know, ask mudgirl, as you "conveniently" overlooked that. :( You people need professional help, just sayin.

7 minutes ago, Hud said:

I don't know, ask mudgirl, as you "conveniently" overlooked that. :( You people need professional help, just sayin.

I apologize... I did 'overlook' that fact that your were quoting someone else... my bad.

Here we go again.  Does anyone wonder why so called "settled science" is so unsettled?

Just keep fighting over this and ignore the real fact that filthy air, dirty water, the deluge of plastic, and the destruction of the land and ecosystems by bad land use and too damn many people is destroying the earth a whole lot faster than a degree or so of warming, particularly when the latter is well below previous warmings the planet survived quite nicely. 

Given we are daily reminded of this by living in Mexico where the rivers are killing people, the cities dump millions of gallons of untreated waste into them, the air in GDL is definitely hazardous to your health much of the year, there is trash dumped everywhere and terrible land use is destroying the environment and ambiance along the lake, you would think that maybe some of you would wake up to the real problem.  But no.

Just sayin'

:D

• Like 1

There is no such concept as "settled science". It is a construct based on the reporter from one newspaper twisting the words of a reporter from another paper. Neither reporter had any understanding of how science works. It's use shows a lazy approach to any topic. Science is never "settled". But it is science.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, geeser said:

Gringohombre:

Let’s keep it real here folks. This belongs on some Loony Tunes Global Warming The Sky is Falling Twitter Bird Something site. Please go away!!!

So Gringo Hombre...I can't help but point out geeser from your camp started this thread.

Oh and Twitter...that's your Denier in Chiefs primary medium. And finally...no one made you open the post!

• Sad 3

36 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Here ya go, David.  Enjoy.  Sounds like this one is right up your alley, really scientific!  :D

A woman who disrupted a town hall set up by New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Thursday night turns out to be a part of a far-right conservative group known for these kinds of tactics. Rep. Ocasio-Cortez held a town hall meeting in Corona, New York. During the town hall a young woman stood up and began speaking anxiously about climate change, becoming more and more agitated, as she nihilistically rambled about how “we got to start eating babies.”

• Like 2

It's a good example of the hysteria around this whole thing. 

It was great trolling IMO, really captured how stupid and hysterical some of the true believers have become.

You do know that Swedish "scientist" was dead serious in suggesting we start eating people, no?

When you start labeling understandably skeptical people as "deniers" and talking about "your camp" that is when this descends into nothing more than an emotion driven quasi religious movement.  The name calling is always a sign the believers can't make their case logically and dispassionately.  You know, like real scientists do.

And you might want to consider just what that does to the credibility of the very real question of the who what and where of climate change.  Just as the environmental movement has lost support because of this kind of extremism, now the very real need to understand and address climate is being made the fool of.

Anyway, I suggest you keep working on your "science", unlike the environmental destruction you can see before your very eyes it is a great ways from being settled.

And we are all still waiting for the true believers to explain to us how handicapping the world's cleanest nations in favor of the world's dirtiest is somehow going to solve this problem.  I notice all the true believers stay far away from addressing that question.  It is the elephant in the room of the climate change movement.

Hint:  A "treaty" that allowed the world's dirtiest to go right on rocking and rolling for another decade while saddling the world's cleanest with a bunch of economy wrecking taxes and regulations wasn't it.  Try again and this time everyone participates from day one.  You might be surprised to find how many of your so called deniers would support that.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Hint:  A "treaty" that allowed the world's dirtiest to go right on rocking and rolling for another decade while saddling the world's cleanest with a bunch of economy wrecking taxes and regulations wasn't it.  Try again and this time everyone participates from day one.  You might be surprised to find how many of your so called deniers would support that.

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=582445912290002&_rdr

2 cycle scooters are big polluters, aren't they?