Chapala.com Webboard

ILox and IPTV streaming...comments and suggestions?

20 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I do not know how to be more clear...I am requesting feedback, good, bad or ugly from anyone who subscribes to a LOCAL IPTV provider here using the ILox internet connection and what is their experience.

It's hard to answer a question from someone who knows nothing and uses words and phrases and concepts that aren't valid. 

There are NO LOCAL IPTV providers here!  There are people that can help you set up internet TV here... and you have been given several. But there is no 
'company' that you can call and have them wave a magic wand giving you IPTV. 

2 hours ago, RickS said:

It's hard to answer a question from someone who knows nothing and uses words and phrases and concepts that aren't valid. 

There are NO LOCAL IPTV providers here!  There are people that can help you set up internet TV here... and you have been given several. But there is no 
'company' that you can call and have them wave a magic wand giving you IPTV. 

Yes...I have made it very clear that I am a NO-Tech guy just seeking input from folks who have internet streaming through ILox here. Finally a few posts back someone posted info about a guy named Derek and others who recommended him. Now in my mind he is a LOCAL IPTV PROVIDER. If these "words and phrases and concepts aren't valid", bring out the firing squad...I plead guilty!

Derek is not a IPTV provider.   His ad says sells and installs Amazon Firesticks.  

Firesticks, or Roku players allow you to connect  to various channels  using one device. There are hundreds of channels that are free. You can watch TV from chanels from many countries for free. Just think of the excitement of watching a Turkish TV station.....There are channels that require subscription such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, or  you could access a  "subscription service" (there are a many) that are similar to cable TV. They will offer different packages of channels with different monthly subscription prices depending on the package you choose. Most of those subscription services will need u US IP address so you would need to use  a VPN.

An Amazon Firestick without Alexa voice control sells for $999 on Amazon Mexico. A Roku express 775 on Amazon Mexico  or $699 on Mercadolibre

31 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Derek is not a IPTV provider.   His ad says sells and installs Amazon Firesticks.  

Firesticks, or Roku players allow you to connect  to various channels  using one device. There are hundreds of channels that are free. You can watch TV from chanels from many countries for free. Just think of the excitement of watching a Turkish TV station.....There are channels that require subscription such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, or  you could access a  "subscription service" (there are a many) that are similar to cable TV. They will offer different packages of channels with different monthly subscription prices depending on the package you choose. Most of those subscription services will need u US IP address so you would need to use  a VPN.

An Amazon Firestick without Alexa voice control sells for $999 on Amazon Mexico. A Roku express 775 on Amazon Mexico  or $699 on Mercadolibre

Why would he only sell Firesticks when you can get them all over the internet? His ad clearly says that he also provides a lineup of TV channels...Would that not make him a local IPTV provider? Put me up against the wall and FIRE. I confess to being a complete tech :()!

If he is offering a connection to copyrighted channels without charge, that website will soon go down as the raids of illegal servers in Europe continue.  There is no legal free lunch or ... "one time fee" free daily lunch.

BUT  >>>>YOU WIN.... Buy it and at least when the illegal server is shut down you will still have a Firestick.

P.S. If you use your computer try to access any of those "We offer worldwide all channels ABC,CBS etc" websites with a good anti-virus protection you will get a warning that  proceeding is dangerous.  Any guesses why??

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

If he is offering a connection to copyrighted channels without charge, that website will soon go down as the raids of illegal servers in Europe continue.  There is no legal free lunch or ... "one time fee" free daily lunch.

BUT  >>>>YOU WIN.... Buy it and at least when the illegal server is shut down you will still have a Firestick.

P.S. If you use your computer try to access any of those "We offer worldwide all channels ABC,CBS etc" websites with a good anti-virus protection you will get a warning that  proceeding is dangerous.  Any guesses why??

Not true at all.

The free ones were not affected by the incidents, they use a completely different system !

They arent websites!

The ones i install have been around for at least 4 years  plus i have my own proprietary app.

No need for vpn and theres no antivirus required. 

Please get your facts straight if you are trying to to diss my service.

• Thanks 1