Chapala.com Webboard

ILox and IPTV streaming...comments and suggestions?

I am scheduled for an ILox internet hookup and want to make sure that I make a good decision regarding a local TV streaming service. I know that this is an evolving and somewhat murky situation but would like to hear comments (the good, the bad and the ugly) of those who have had first hand experience, and in particular with an ILox fiber optic internet connection. Gracias 

If you're looking for black-market IPTV services, you may be waiting awhile. There were (and are ongoing) large-scale police raids on pirate servers in Europe recently. Many resellers of these pirated TV services are out of business, and many more are awaiting the knock on the door by the authorities.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/09/18/police-across-europe-raid-illegal-streaming-service-platforms/

Go with legal streaming services and you'll never have to worry about your programming being taken away.

Most definitely. WiFi loses signal strength the farther it gets from the modem, especially as it goes around corners or tries to go through walls or up/down the stairs. A direct, wired ethernet connection to your smart TV/streaming box gives you the best option. This can be difficult, of course, when your device is in another room. However, it is not that hard for a handyman to run a cable. Mine goes out through the wall of my office and comes back in again behind my TV set.

TelMex modems have the best standard WiFi signal strength these days. iLox modems, and iFibra modems, have miserably poor WiFi.

Rick is right, better to get a legal streaming service. However, it's not because of recent reports of a couple of bigger services being shut down. No, far from it. There are thousands of services, and they come and go like the rains in Mexico, and always have. That's why individuals offer to set up a streaming service for you, as they've done all the work tracking down the good ones. But the problem remains: they can fail at any time. Not only that, software upgrades for these boxes are continually interrupting the viewing for many people... people who don't know how to fix it when it happens.

I've said it before, many times: I cannot in all good conscience offer any type of streaming service setup, because of this intermittency. It's not worth the customers' frustration.

• Like 2

I recommend buying a Wifi router that runs over $60 or $70 US, based on Amazon prices and reviews. I don't have a specific recommendation at this time. I bought a cheap one some months back to test with iLox, and it was no better. TP-Link and D-Link have the best internal software, in my experience; the easiest to set up and maintain. This one looks worthwhile:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AC1750-Smart-WiFi-Router/dp/B079JD7F7G/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=tp-link+wifi+router&qid=1570118658&s=gateway&sr=8-3

2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

If you're looking for black-market IPTV services, you may be waiting awhile. There were (and are ongoing) large-scale police raids on pirate servers in Europe recently. Many resellers of these pirated TV services are out of business, and many more are awaiting the knock on the door by the authorities.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/09/18/police-across-europe-raid-illegal-streaming-service-platforms/

Go with legal streaming services and you'll never have to worry about your programming being taken away.

Can you or anyone else answer my specific question or suggest an actual LEGAL service that works well with the ILox system here? 

2 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Can you or anyone else answer my specific question or suggest an actual LEGAL service that works well with the ILox system here? 

Try YouTube TV, Hulu, Hulu Live TV, CBS All Access, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, PBS, etcetera etcetera...

It all depends on what you want to watch and how much you want to spend. 

26 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

You didn't ask a question. You asked for comments. You got comments. In fact, you got enough good comments that you are now knowledgeable enough to ask the right questions. Funny how that works.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

You didn't ask a question. You asked for comments. You got comments. In fact, you got enough good comments that you are now knowledgeable enough to ask the right questions. Funny how that works.

My question was asking those who use a local streaming service with ILox to give me feedback...the good, the bad and the ugly. So far I have not heard anything in that regard. Just all of the hashed over information regarding modems, routers and technical things that a good local IPTV streaming service should be able to give the best advise on. Funny how some folks do not understand a clearly worded post.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

To stream content from north of the border you will most likely need to use a VPN service. I use an Asus RT-AC86U Wifi router with NordVPN on Ilox.

The Asus router WiFi is a much stronger signal than the Ilox modem WiFi.

I have had good luck with streaming Netflix and Hulu using NordVPN.

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

My question was asking those who use a local streaming service with ILox to give me feedback...the good, the bad and the ugly. So far I have not heard anything in that regard. Just all of the hashed over information regarding modems, routers and technical things that a good local IPTV streaming service should be able to give the best advise on. Funny how some folks do not understand a clearly worded post.  

You approach almost every thread on here complaining about people's incorrect answers to your questions. I don't know why anyone bothers to help. You'll notice in particular that I did not respond to your post, exactly for that reason. And here you go again. Now you'll be complaining that the thread has been hijacked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

I thought my observations met your criteria..or not

44 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I thought my observations met your criteria..or not

I do not know how to be more clear...I am requesting feedback, good, bad or ugly from anyone who subscribes to a LOCAL IPTV provider here using the ILox internet connection and what is their experience. There are some local providers out there but maybe nobody reading this is using them or does not care to make comments here. That is OK but there is some Guy out there trying to run up his business impressions by demeaning and twisting my original post which I have reviewed and find quite clear. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, johanson said:

I am confused, gringohombre. Because I do not use IPTV, I have never heard of them. I use DirecTV. And it works great and it is legal up here.

I am not a tech guy at all (far from it) but here is what Sn. Google says: 

IPTV is a system where digital television service is delivered to the subscriber through Internet protocol technology via the medium of broadband or internet connection. ... IPTV uses Internet protocol (IP) based network to deliver TV channels to users' set-top box.

There is a lot of confusion which ones are legal and which are not. There are some LOCAL providers (I do not want to give names here  since I do not know their legality) who set up the service for a flat fee or a monthly subscription and also provide "support". Going back to my original post I am simply seeking feedback from anyone with experience with such entities here LOCALLY. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Actually, there is no confusion as to which IPTV services are legal and which are not. 

Your statement makes no sense since you did not elaborate. Again here is what Sn. Google says:

Watching an IPTV service (a legal one or illegal one) is not illegal in the US. ... If you where to download and redistribute content you have acquired from an illegal source, such as IPTV (but not limited to), and shared it, then that is illegal.

Please do not post irrelevant and confusing information here just to try to prove an intellect that is not there.   

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

Your statement makes no sense since you did not elaborate. Again here is what Sn. Google says:

Watching an IPTV service (a legal one or illegal one) is not illegal in the US. ... If you where to download and redistribute content you have acquired from an illegal source, such as IPTV (but not limited to), and shared it, then that is illegal.

Please do not post irrelevant and confusing information here just to try to prove an intellect that is not there.   

Wow. Some gratitude. 

Peace out. I'm done. 

Any television service that is streamed is IPTV by definition and is 100% legal in the  USA or Mexico as long as the provider is following copyrite law in accordance as to where the contend is being played. That is why some people use a VPN in Mexico (which spoofs a US IP address) to view programs that the channel does not have the right to stream in Mexico. 

Using a VPN to spoof an IP address for the purpose of violating copyrite law is illegal as is receiving Dish USA or Shaw Canada in Mexico. So doing so is a moral choice, as the possibility of any legal consequence for receiving is basically nill. 

Example the  content available in the USA and Mexico on Netflix or Amazon Prime is different. Many programs are only available in country or the other but not both.

If you are thinking you can receive copyrited pay channels from a box sold here or anywhere, the service is 100% illegal unless you pay each channel their fee (if subscription service)and as previously stated illegal streamers are being shut down daily. 

to repeat  Maybe you will understand.

Buy a Roku or Firestick, or Apple TV,  etc and there are hundreds of free and pay channels available .....all legal. You will need to subscribe to the pay channels you want (Amazon, Netflix, Google TV etc). 

They all will work with ILOX or any other internet provider you have as long as you have the download speed necessary. Right now my wife is watching Netflix and I am watching Amazon Prime  . My Telmex download is 9.17 on the basic package  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:33 AM, gringohombre said:

I am scheduled for an ILox internet hookup and want to make sure that I make a good decision regarding a local TV streaming service. I know that this is an evolving and somewhat murky situation but would like to hear comments (the good, the bad and the ugly) of those who have had first hand experience, and in particular with an ILox fiber optic internet connection. Gracias 

The major legal IPTV services are AT&T Now, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, Sling TV, FuboTV and Sony Vue TV.  These will run you anywhere from $25 to $125 US per month.  Also, you will need a VPN to connect to US servers.

Illegal IPTV runs anywhere from $5 to $20 per month if you set it up yourself.  There are hundreds to choose from.  Don't expect 100% reliability.  You get what you pay for.

The easiest way to watch IPTV is through an android streaming box.  The Amazon Firestick 4K is a great choice for the money.  Do not buy a Roku box if you plan to use illegal IPTV.  

You'll be able to stream just fine with an Ilox connection, provided your modem is close to your streaming device.  The best setup would be a wired ethernet connection.

PM me if and I can give you the number of a friend who will set you up.