Chapala.com Webboard

Need a home base in Canada for 6 months

Roy

Hello, as you can see, I seldom post but have followed this site for several years.

I’m looking for some guidance and hope that someone can steer me in the right direction. I have tried a few of the Home Sitters web sites but am a bit too late for the time period I would like.

I’m a Permanent Resident of Mexico and have lived here for the past 20 years, currently residing in Manzanillo. It turns out this year I need to return to Canada for 6 months or so and am looking for a “home base” during that time (April to September), but am flexible on those months. I’m not particular as to where in Canada I reside as I would be travelling throughout some of the Provinces to visit relatives. And no, I don’t want to stay with them for longer than a few days as I would rather keep our good relationship intact!

I’m a female, nonsmoker, would not be bringing any pets, and do enjoy the outdoors. If you have any leads or thoughts, please email me at parotas48@gmail.com. Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from someone!

Re

I would recommend looking for an AirBnB and try to find one with a monthly discount. Many offer a discount for a full week and sometimes even more for one month or more.

Many offer suites with separate entrances and kitchen etc.

AirBnB allows you to communicate with a host prior to booking. airbnb.com to inquire about possible discounts.

David, yes have looked into the Airbnb possibility and waiting to hear pack from a couple of them.

Oregon, unfortunately house sitting is not an option.

RickS, I will not be taking my car to Canada but to date have not read anything that says I couldn't although maybe I missed something.