Chapala.com Webboard

Permanent visa

bastian

Hello everyone , please help with information .

We lived in Mexico for 5 years , an we both

went through all the process , and got 

permanent visas . We applied separately , because we are not married .

In 2015 we left Mexico to do some traveling .

To our desperation , two years ago we were robbed , and among another things my Visa was stolen .

I flew to Mexico , but on the airport I had to

present my passport , which was stamped .

I went to immigration in Gualdajara , to report my permanent Visa stolen . I had photocopy

with me .

Unfortunately , I was told, nothing can be done , because I am already in the system , as an tourist , and I would have to start , all the process again.

Our financial situation is different now , not in good direction .

We live on investment/rental money , which is not as lucrative now as it was before .

My question , if we would get married, my partner has permanent Visa , would be requirements for my Visa a little bit easier .

We both have and use American passports .

Thank you for the input .

Regards b

A spouse may sponsor as a temporary resident for one year and renew for one more year. Name matching on marriage license and passports must be identical as per my web site under "when sponsor is a permanent resident". http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html

I’m hoping someone can answer the following: I have a permanent resident visa that has NOT been activated, in other words I have NOT entered Mexico using my permanent resident visa - which expires soon. I plan to enter in a few days at Otay Mesa / Tijuana airport and use the CBX bridge to enter Mexico. My Question - Does the Otay Mess / TJ passport control stamp and activate my visa? I know once activated and in Mexico I need to go the immigration office to continue the Permanent Visa process - but I’m concerned that passport control in Otay / TJ won’t properly stamp my entry into Mexico. I’ve gone through the airport before without mexican passport control even looking at my passport. Anyone have info on this? Thx/DA 

Yes they do if you show them the 6 month preapproved visa and they will then have you fill out a FMM card by checking the "canje" section and getting it stamped at no cost.

Without the entrance stamp in your passport and the 30 day FMM "canje" card at the local INM [ Immigration ] office they will not process your Residente Permanente visa/card. Don't assume they will do everything for you at the immigration desk entering the TJ airport from the CBX. You have to pay attention and get it done correctly. ☺

• Like 1

Once you enter Mexico, you have just 30 days to report to INM with proof of address. They will process your 'tramite' and issue the actual visa.  You will need to remain available during the process, which can take several weeks to a few months.  Then, you will be Residente Permanente.

If you should fail to follow procedure, you will lose your approval, without refund, and have to start all over again.  It is possible that you might not be approved a second time. In fact, if you have ever entered Mexico, and showed your passport, since getting the visa approval, you may already have lost out.  Entering as a tourist will void your approval, or even an actual visa.

On 10/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, DAC said:

I’m hoping someone can answer the following: I have a permanent resident visa that has NOT been activated, in other words I have NOT entered Mexico using my permanent resident visa - which expires soon. I plan to enter in a few days at Otay Mesa / Tijuana airport and use the CBX bridge to enter Mexico. My Question - Does the Otay Mess / TJ passport control stamp and activate my visa? I know once activated and in Mexico I need to go the immigration office to continue the Permanent Visa process - but I’m concerned that passport control in Otay / TJ won’t properly stamp my entry into Mexico. I’ve gone through the airport before without mexican passport control even looking at my passport. Anyone have info on this? Thx/DA 

•  

It is a must that as you enter Mexico you obtain a FMM marked CANJE. Your FMM and pre-approved visa must be date stamped. 

Confusion seems rampant!

A person with a Residente Temporal Visa will keep that visa renewed and valid for four years before becoming eligible to apply to INM for a Residente Permanente Visa. At that time, no further proofs are required.

1 hour ago, Upfront said:

Sonia I think your info on permanente is mssing some info. Once you have a valid temp you can apply for a perm without more proof on income, corect?

This is exactly what I did.  There is a required 4 year period as a holder of a valid temporal visa before you can apply for the permanente. Your temporal will have to be renewed each time it expires; this is without needing to provide new financial information.

11 minutes ago, Upfront said:

I believe you can no longr hold a Temp for more than four years

here website says nothing like that. How do you know what it is now, you are gone for years.

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

Sonia I think your info on permanente is mssing some info. Once you have a valid temp you can apply for a perm without more proof on income, corect?

http://www.soniadiaz.mx/immigration---visas.html

Her website states exactly that. Do you have trouble reading as well as spelling, grammar and punctuation? ☺

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Upfront seems rather confused, or perhaps is simply an argumentative sort.

Most everyone knows the rules and procedures, and they are readily available. Sonia's site is very good, or you can read the whole thing in Spanish on the government websites. 

Yes, you may apply for Residente Permanente early, if you can afford it.  Otherwise, you must maintain the Residente Permanente for four years.  Please be clear with your questions.

Enjoy.....But, pay attention to the details, as mistakes are not forgiven by the government.

2 hours ago, Upfront said:

I am certainly not the confusd one. I gave you a direct quote. From her site. I was asking for clarfication. I said nothing abuot early. Now all I get are taunts. No wondr this site has such a bad rep

This site might have a bad reputation amongst internet trolls because we taunt the crap out of them usually. Sincere people like this site and they say so often. 😁

8 hours ago, Upfront said:

Since you are reluctant to believe information from RVGringo who, although he longer lives Lakeside, is a wealth of information and knows more about it than you will ever hope to..... you are probably  not going to believe that I, who doesn't even live in Mexico!, know of what I am speaking, but....

You are correct in suggesting that once a person is a Temporal one can at Temporal renewal time apply for a Permanente without more proof of income. There will be fees, yes, but no more proof of income.

Once one has a Temporal it can be renewed annually for either 1 or 2 or 3 more years up to a total stay in Mexico of 4 years. If one has a foreign plated vehicle 'connected' to that Temporal, one must also renew it annually with Aduana as that is not done automatically with the Temporal renewal. If along the way... only at each Temporal renewal time I believe....one wishes to move from Temporal to Permanente that CAN be done by paying the appropriate fees but no proof of income required again. 

Once one reaches, if one chooses, 4 years in Mexico on a Temporal one has 3 choices: 1) Leave Mexico and don't come back or come back as/on a Visitante (Visitors) Card for up to 180 days;   2) Leave Mexico, go to a Mexican Consulate and start the process of becoming a Temporal all over again... paying fees and being subject to the then-in-affect income requirements:  or 3) move one's immigration status to Permanente status paying fees but having to meet no income requirements as discussed above.

If a person with a Residente Temporal wants to apply for a Residente Permanente before their 4 years on a RT they can at anytime by providing financial statements of monthly retirement deposits of 500 times the CDMX minimum wage inside Mexico which adds 100 to the 400 times minimum wage required to apply for a RP at a Mexican Consulate.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Upfront said:

So I was write all along and didn't need any of those pontless attacks. And how the h e double hockey sticks would you know what I know or how long I've been here.

Oh, you're welcome for the information... think nothing of it!

• Like 1

So I was write all along and didn't need any of those pontless attacks. And how the h e double hockey sticks would you know what I know or how long I'

ve been here.

13 hours ago, Upfront said: 

Sonia I think your info on permanente is mssing some info. Once you have a valid temp you can apply for a perm without more proof on income, corect?

40 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

"ONCE [conjunction] you have ..." = as soon as you have ...

"once
/wəns/
adverb
  1. 1.
    on one occasion or for one time only.
    "they deliver once a week."

Similar:
    on one occasion

one time

one single time

2. 2.
    at some time in the past; formerly.
    "He had once been an Army officer"

Similar:
    formerly

previously

in the past

at one time

at one point

once upon a time

on a former occasion

on one occasion

one time

in one case

time was when

in days/times gone by

back in the day

in times past

in the (good) old days

long ago

sometime

erst

erstwhile

whilom

in days/times of yore

of yore

conjunction
  1. as soon as; when.
    "once the grapes were pressed, the juice was put into barrels" "

You did not have it right all along. You had it wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...