Chapala.com Webboard

CFE turning off Sept 25 in Chula Vista and Miraso.

ComputerGuy

26 minutes ago, Lexy said:

And one more thing--the notice says electricty goes off at 9--but it went off twice before in this series of upgrades at 8!!

Mexican time.  Mas o menos.

Well, someone threw a damn switch, because we ALL just lost power at 8:25 for about 5 or 6 minutes.

I have to add, the fact that CFE has been doing all this work, hiring extra pole-monkey crews and boomers, replacing tons of infrastructure, cabling and poles, announcing power outages beforehand, and following through with mostly right-on timing, is something to be praised, not sneered at. Those who haven't been here that long don't know how bad it used to be. Considering the level of corruption at the top of the corporation, it's actually somewhat of a miracle.

4 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I agree with CG. We went through this in Riberas last year... and there were a LOT of days with no electricity. Suck it up because it's worth it! At least you're getting warned in advance which CFE also did in Riberas.

And I agree with Ferret, One must gets used to incompetence and corruption to be successful here.

SunFan

You are having it better than we did because they have waited for cooler weather to do the upgrades. Since the upgrades, there has only been one outage and that was very short.

Now, if they would just show my solar credits on my CFE bill, I would be very happy.

I'm not sneering, lamenting, nothing along those lines. I'm amazed and pleased there were attempts to alert us we'd be without electricity on a certain day all day long. I was not grouchy when the lights went out at 8 am--not 9am as announced--three times in a row. But I gotta say, this time was one long day. The house was dark by 8 and there were no lights until after 9.

Does anyone know how life has been iproved for us, CFE-wise?

Lexy

Certainly, outages are far fewer and much shorter. (He said ironically, having just sat through a 10 minute outage this evening...) I haven't done any scientific testing, but I'll bet those places that have been retrofitted are suffering fewer overages and underages, too: less fluctuation that could easily ruin electrical components of any kind. The new cabling is a much higher standard. Less reason to worry about surge protectors and transformer pops.