Chapala.com Webboard

Newborn Yorkie girls

This looks like the same nervy,  miscreant who's pulled this before, has been told not to, but comes back anyway. I hope our monitor takes this message off. And it wouldn't be a bad idea if sales of puppies were banned from this website's ad pages, too--just for humanitarian reasons. There are many needy, healthy dogs in animal shelters up for adoption; who needs bad breeders trying to make an easy buck by competing when our hardworking, dedicated shelter workers trying to find homes for them free.

Lexy

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Lexy said:

This looks like the same nervy,  miscreant who's pulled this before, has been told not to, but comes back anyway. I hope our monitor takes this message off. And it wouldn't be a bad idea if sales of puppies were banned from this website's ad pages, too--just for humanitarian reasons. There are many needy, healthy dogs in animal shelters up for adoption; who needs bad breeders trying to make an easy buck by competing when our hardworking, dedicated shelter workers trying to find homes for them free.

Lexy

I was trying to find the post from 2018 when you asked the moderator to ban this type of post,; couldn't find the 'sale' post (guess it was deleted) but could find your post and the discussion that ensued.

I agree, there are lots of shelter/homeless animals that have a greater need for care and attention than a 'purebred' animal. My shelter dogs are far smarter, attentive and loving than any other dogs I've had in the past.

Yes, it looks like the same individual.. different name.. a PM sent to Mod .

Part of the problem and more the solution.. people need to stop buying these puppies , as the shelters are full of pups and dogs in need of a home..

when the profit is removed, the 'breeder'  if that is the term, will get the idea.  

Quite  a while back at one of the Wednesday tianguis there was a man walking up and down the street holding up puppies for sale.  Someone said to him , which was then translated into Spanish for him , and themany of the  people standing around him  so he / they would understand what was being said:  Get a job and stop being a Pimp for your dog.  There was alot of laughter and applause , and he left and never came back on any other Wed. selling his puppies.. maybe this applies here. 

• Like 1

Pete--As we said, some of us recognize this "newbie" has been here before, several times, under different names. I'm sure if these puppies were being offered free to loving  homes, that free part would be made loud and clear. However, if the OP wants to clarify that these pups are not for sale but  free let's hear from her.

Lexy

• Like 2

Just a few thoughts for folks who may want to buy a purebred puppy. I understand that you may want a puppy and a specific breed. The odds of getting a purebred puppy or young dog from a shelter are not good. But PLEASE buy from a reputable hobby breeder, not a sleazy backyard breeder. What is the difference, you say? A hobby breeder is working to improve the breed. They often compete in various doggy sports and shows. They choose the dog parents carefully after studying the pedigrees, and genetically testing both dogs for possible genetic defects. They test for possible structural defects. They keep the puppy until at least 8 weeks, 10 is better, 12 weeks for small breeds. The puppy has been Vet checked and had first shots. And they don't advertise on public Web forums.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1