Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for a good mental health counselor

Elle

I am looking for suggestions for a good English speaking counselor. I've searched this topic and found a recommendation, but nothing too recent. Also, I don't want to see someone with a huge case load who runs a lot of groups. Any and all suggestions are very much appreciated.

Before you book a session ASK what their specialty is, and ask for their credentials.  A former child psychologist from Ohio most likely does not know a darn thing about EMDR for PTSD, nor qualified for marital or grief counseling.  I highly suggest you do diligent research (Internet)  before booking ANY session with any psychologist, counselor etc. I know the price is right here but it can be frustrating and a terrible waste of time. I have been there, done that. On-line counseling may be your answer.  Best wishes!

Valerie Rhoda is an excellent counselor but she does groups and has a wide path thru town.  I wouldn't use her for anything other than grief or caretaker support.  Hope you find adequate counsel.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Been there, done that with Valerie Rhoda.  Very nice lady but I found much better results with a woman ( psychologist)  in Riberas ( close to S&S and consignment shops) on the side street, just north of the carretera.

Her name is Deborah Stokes and she was recommended by Dra Justina Lopez.   I was impressed.   Debbie Stokes phone number is 333-676-7880.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1