Chapala.com Webboard

Guadalajara airport at night

cedros

10 hours ago, cstone said:

One can never tell. Sometimes very busy, sometimes not.

I would give myself plenty of time to get TO the airport, and once there, if you need it, ask for a wheelchair and get whisked past those long, snaky security lines.

I was thinking of asking for a wheelchair,

I have been to the Guad Airport at all times of day and night, and on all days ) and have NEVER seen it slow or empty. However if you are an American and must fill out an Immigration form BEFORE your flight at the Immigration window at the very right, often it is closed (when they take a break and you must cue up, waiting for them) which delays many. Plan ahead. It is a busy place and like ALL airports, the airline info desk areas change often. 

As far a wheelchairs are concerned, they are usually run by  a private company at most airports. MOST airlines ask ahead if you need special assistance. You have to tip/pay at many airports for this service. I have only used one ONCE when I actually need it. Guad has MANY elderly Mexicans seniors flying and their disability is obvious. 

I agree with JoyinMexico about it being busy. I keep a stash of those immigration forms at my house and fill them in BEFORE I arrive. Just ask for several and they will give them to you.

As for wheelchair users, please remember that not everyone's disability or need is obvious. Here, we get to decide IF WE NEED IT. You can have them wheel you to your gate and dismiss them to go and pick up another user.

Not everyone needs a ride to the front door of the plane, or a ride and someone to help them go to the toilet and get into their seat. That does not negate the needs of others.

I certainly do not, but have enough titanium in my feet to make standing in a really long security line a truly painful experience. I would happily swap those screws and plates for the ability to stand in one place for as long as needed. I do not look as if I "deserve" a wheelchair, but sometimes I need it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1