Chapala.com Webboard
Sign in to follow this  
greeninmexico

Mexican citizenship

Type NEW Mexican Citizenship Exam 2018 in the search option.  This post has a lot of answers for citizenship questions. 

Yes you need to take a Spanish test. 

First you are given an article from some publication to read. About 4 or 5 paragraphs. Then you are given  a page with 5 questions multiple choice 3 answers possible on each. You can refer back to the article as many times as you want. You circle the correct answer for each question.

Next you are handed a picture. You need to write 3 sentences describing what is in the picture. Each sentence must be a minimum of 5 words and punctuated correctly.  Can be very basic ie;  Hay dos personas abajo de arboles. 

I have been told that in GDL they say there is a time limit. That is not legal but they do it. In Mexico City there is no time limit. You need to go to Mexico City for your police report. You can do it all in one day. 

3 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

First you are given an article from some publication to read. About 4 or 5 paragraphs. Then you are given  a page with 5 questions multiple choice 3 answers possible on each. You can refer back to the article as many times as you want. You circle the correct answer for each question.

Do you have any idea if there is a certain suggested reading level (elementary school, high school, university) for the paragraphs used on the test?

I am not aware of anyplace that it is stated. I am sure my 8 year old granddaughter (who is bilingual) would  have been able to read and understand it. 

The story that  I was given was about the celebration of the Day of the Dead in a small town near Mexico City. It was very easy to read and understand. The multiple choice questions were easy. For 2 of the 5 questions I referred back to the story and the correct answers were exact quotes from the story.  1 question was worded a little tricky, but I re-read it 2 or 3 times then referred to the story and it wasn't hard to glean the answer as only 1 of the 3 options fit well.

The description sentences I wrote about the picture I was given were at about 3rd grade level because I did not want to make a mistake on verb conjugation.  The most words in any of the  3 sentences was 6. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There is a fairly recent PDF study guide for the history portion of the examination required for Mexican citizenship.  BIBLIOGRAFÍA DE ESTUDIO 2017 NATURALIZACIÓN  Google is your friend and can give you lots more information.

Remember that if one is over 60, one is not required to take the history exam; only the Spanish-language exam is required.

On 9/16/2019 at 7:59 PM, ibarra said:

Type NEW Mexican Citizenship Exam 2018 in the search option.  This post has a lot of answers for citizenship questions. 

For your advice to work, users must also navigate to "more search options" and select "find results that contain all of my search term words" or "find results in content titles only".  Otherwise, they get hundreds of results that are not related to Mexican citizenship.

INM has not for 4 months plus, processed visa history requests nor time out of country and may not for rest of year. So you have lots of time to prepare. SRE in some cases will waive this requirement so all the more reason to record exits and entries.

I did not have the INM report. I made a declaration of my exits and entries on a form provided by SRE that matched the stamps in my passport.  That was sufficient for them in Mexico City. I can not vouch for other offices, as they seem to make up different rules, however both of  SRE websites do not list such a printout from INM as required. "

Escrito Libre:

El extranjero bajo protesta de decir verdad, deberá declarar las entradas y salidas que haya realizado en los dos años anteriores a la presentación del trámite.

Handwritten:

The foreigner, under oath, must declare the entries and exits they have made in the two years prior to the presentation of the procedure.

6. Presentar una carta, bajo protesta de decir verdad, en el que se señale con claridad el número de salidas y entradas que ha realizado del y hacia el país en el término de dos años anteriores a la presentación de la solicitud, para el cómputo de ausencias, a que se refiere el artículo 21 de la Ley de Nacionalidad, (acompañar dos fotocopias);

Present a letter, under oath, clearly stating the number of departures and entrances you have made to and from the country within two years prior to the submission of the application, for the computation of absences, referred to in article 21 of the Nationality Law, (accompanied by two photocopies);