Chapala.com Webboard

Need bug/animal recommendations

Bandol

I’m stumped!  We have a large, covered terrace open on three sides.  The roof has large beams and tepate between them and all of it underneath a tiled roof.  Every morning we have to sweep up dozens of small mouse-like droppings most of them in a specific swathe underneath one of the beams.  Not bats.

We have sprayed the roof all over with anti-insect chemicals; we have groped underneath the beams, we have had the roof tiles removed to give clear access to the back of the beams.  No sign of anything living up there and no clues at all about the origin of the droppings.  

Grateful for any suggestions.

PM — yes a well-respected exterminator has taken a look, poked around, removed tiles and had no explanation.

WS — hadn’t thought of that and will keep a look-out.  Thing is that our few geckos are on the back wall a long way away.  The quantity of droppings — dozens — suggests quite a big population.  However they are a possibility.

12 minutes ago, oregontochapala said:

Why is it even an issue, I wonder?

Sweeping up a few 💩 ies each day isn't much work and if they aren't biting or stinging you what's the harm?

We humans tend to muck with nature far too much. If they leave me and mine alone, I lean towards leaving them alone. Just a thought.

Nothing wrong about finding out the source. I guess if you found it was scorpions, since they hadn't stung you yet, you would leave them alone. Once bitten, you might think otherwise. YMMV