Chapala.com Webboard

Laguna Mall TelCel Office closing

tomgates

Almost hard to find a convenience or food store these days that doesn't either either tie in electronically to recharge a Telcel account on the spot, or at worst, sell you a scratch & use prepaid card for "self serve" top up.

For those who prefer to pay cash, all those stores around are not TelCel stores, specifically. They are just cell-phone stores, but of course they deal with TelCel accounts (and MoviStar and probably others). So does every Oxxo and 7-11. And Walmart. And Soriana.

Too bad about the big one, but I guess I am surprised it stayed open as long as it did. They foresaw a huge need, based on Guadalajara tourism mostly, but missed the notion that tapatios already have their phones purchased and loaded before they come here for the weekend.

33 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

For those with a Telmex landline account, you can also set up to automatically charge a monthly recurring Telcel payment right on it, which is pretty convenient - "one and done".

I'm not ever going to do that. Why? Because I'm on my own and, if I croak, they're just gonna keep on charging my credit card.... just like they kept on charging me 999 pesos per month without telling me that THAT particular level of service no longer existed.

• Haha 2

Just now, Ferret said:

they're just gonna keep on charging my credit card

It just shows up as another service on the Telmex bill, it is not in any way charged to your c/card.      Good old Tio Carlos thinks of everything!   😉

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I'm not ever going to do that. Why? Because I'm on my own and, if I croak, they're just gonna keep on charging my credit card.... just like they kept on charging me 999 pesos per month without telling me that THAT particular level of service no longer existed.

"if I croak"...I didn't know it was "if"...please share.

• Haha 2

Good point Ferret. I liked going to the Laguna Mall upon occasion, but if the this official Telcel office closes there are many retail outlets that I can go to, to buy more time for the Amigo Plan of my choice. In fact I have hardly ever purchased more time/data from the Laguna Mall outlet. I pay the same price when I go to one of my favorite outlets at or near Plaza Bugambilias

1 hour ago, barcelonaman said:

Think you will find its just shut for today.

Although says permanently,  its a common phrase used here and just means for today.

Exactly right... wasn't too long ago Foccacia's pizza/pasta place was freaking everyone out with the same announcement. It doesn't mean "permanent" permanent.