Chapala.com Webboard

I just received an email  from Lisa ( the reporter) about a shootout at Christina Park. I do not subscribe to her publication so that is all I know. 

Anyone know anything?

I just read it (I am in Ontario, never been to Chapala, going in a month for first time).

Four shots fired from 3 cars, came after dispute between State and Local police during some kind of State operation on a home....not saying it was cops, just criminals which of course does not exclude police....

Hope this does not violate crime publicity on this board. I am new here, so please forgive me if I have wronged LOL.

5 hours ago, kam said:

I think that is most likely Christinia Park  (Sp?) in Chapala and Lisa is a 4-alarm Snake, not a reporter. IMHO of course

Well if you insist…….spelling is Parque Cristiania.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Thank you!

Spanish spelling is so much easier than English if people make an effort to learn the basics.

• Like 2

Sorry, I should have said Teeangee. Teangeez is more than one Teeangee. Grassyass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

Computerguy, you are just going to get all the newcomers confused! 😁

Then they'll fit right in with a lot of oldcomers as demonstrated rather consistently.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, kam said:

I think that is most likely Christinia Park  (Sp?) in Chapala and Lisa is a 4-alarm Snake, not a reporter. IMHO of course

Lisa plagiarizes .... she steals articles from other publications and publishes them as her own, in her rag.  As Kam says, she is not a reporter.... but she does like to present herself as an investigative journalist.   What a joke.

I believe that Tianguis is both singular and plural.  Surprise!

• Thanks 1

Well, I certainly didn't think we would end up in this direction. Personally, I find it easier to speak in Spanish than rite it😄

On 9/15/2019 at 1:15 AM, slainte39 said:

Since we're on a sortofa picky roll here, its spelling is Parque Cristianía.  That little accent changes the pronunciation of the word.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2019 at 9:02 AM, ComputerGuy said:

It could as easily have been the libbermento. Or the Wednesday tiangeez.

LOL for your excellent spelling Mike.

11 hours ago, More Liana said:

Since we're on a sortofa picky roll here, its spelling is Parque Cristianía.  That little accent changes the pronunciation of the word.  

Too lazy to change the damned keyboard from English to Spanish, as I have to do every.time I open it up.   Grrrr

But you are correct, just as García requires that accent. Strong vowel A combined with weak vowel I is considered one vowel and syllable in Spanish,  unless the weak vowel is accented.

I should add that that the accent divides the last syllable into two syllables hence the rule of stress on the next to last syllable.

9 minutes ago, bigd said:

So you mean Cristiana's Park

HUH??? 

I mean the park on the east side of Chapala and Av. Gonzalez Gallo...….Parque de la Cristianía.

I don´t know exactly what Cristianía means, except Christianity …..maybe More Liana does.

Did a little research and Christiania was the name of the city of Oslo, Norway for about 300 years before it was changed to Oslo about 150 years ago.

Slow Monday…….:)

Haha, that's the pronunciation I heard most often, even from long-time expats...along with ra PEE doe.