Chapala.com Webboard

Amazon Prime Video

Arroyos

For the last two evenings in a row we have been unable to open Prime Video, and yet during the day we can.  Tried contacting Prime Video directly, but they told me they could not help as our settings to Prime were through Amazon.mx and we would have to contact them.  Well, after spending almost half an hour trying to do it, I gave up.  Has anyone else had that problem and found a solution to it?  We are able to open Netflix at night so I don't think it is an internet problem, but must be a Prime problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  By the way, we have Ilox high-speed internet.

"If you are watching NetFlix without a VPN, you are watching NetFlix Mexico. Do a search for CHEERS."

A few year ago people told me they were watching Netflix USA, NOT Mexico, without a VPN. I'm not sure it is true now, butit was then. I told them look for House of Cards. Sure 'nuf, wasn't there as they were watching Netflix Mexico

• Some are "Very happy with Netflix Mexico & Prime Mexico. Yes there are programs available in different countries that aren't available in Mexico." I'm glad they are very happy. Just don't claim you are getting something that can't be gotten without a VPN. It just confuses everytbody.

Always check with CG. He's one of the few around here who is consistently correct about this tech stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have a Amazon account in the USA - in order to sign up for Prime in Mexico you need a Mexico billing address. It seems you cannot have 2 billing address - also your Amazon account is linked to your e-mail address. Do you need to open another Amazon account (Mexico) with a different e-mail address to receive Prime (Mexico) ?

Perhaps Amazon rules have changed recently for new accounts...? 

I have Amazon Mexico+Prime and Amazon US (not Prime) accounts for several years and use the same email address and US credit card for both. I have mailing addresses in Mexico and the US listed on both accounts. Never had a problem with either account or with deliveries to either address. 

• Like 2

You might not have problems with deliveries, but if you want to stream, you won't be able to set the app up properly. With your setup you would only be able to get the Mexican version of Prime Video. If you wanted both US and Mexican, you would need separate email addresses due to the way you access the video app.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, Karl Crabkiller said:

I have a Amazon account in the USA - in order to sign up for Prime in Mexico you need a Mexico billing address. It seems you cannot have 2 billing address - also your Amazon account is linked to your e-mail address. Do you need to open another Amazon account (Mexico) with a different e-mail address to receive Prime (Mexico) ?

I too am interested in any answer someone can provide.

My USA Amazon Prime expires at the end of May which costs me $13 a month.  I plan to "renew" here using a different email address, local mailing address, and pay about $99 mxn a month ($4 US).  I'll report back my results.