Chapala.com Webboard

Seat belt tickets being handed out like candy east-side of La Floresta

gringohombre

1 hour ago, Xena said:

It seems to very much depend upon day and time. For awhile there was an enforcement push. As usual it did  not last long. Now, it is back to business as usual. That includes days and times where is little to no double parking. That has to do with business operations and not law enforcement. That is it seems to me anyway.

They need a parkade there.

40 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

And what about all those folks barrelling down the highway with their kids in the back of the pick-up truck? That one always blows my mind. If they're on holiday and have a bunch of luggage with them, they put the luggage up by the cab and leave the kids sitting right by the back truck gate, so they'll be the first to go if they get rear-ended. I understand that a lot of people can't afford a vehicle with seats for all, but you'd think it would occur to them to at least pile the luggage at the very back to protect the kids.

Yes, those kids sitting on the truck back gate. Pretty brave-maybe they miss riding horseback.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:43 PM, happyjillin said:

They are all over Chapala every day. Since they started Madero has far less double parking ,for example, than when it was the state transitos They removed chairs,boxes,etc. long ago. I  actually live in Chapala and generally my eyes are open when I roam about.

Good to know from a resident of Chapala.  Then I just say I would like to see them in the village of Ajijic.

Went to the auto registration place on Degollado today to pay the fine. $422 (50% discount since paid within 5 days). Not bad. OXXO does not take payment for these tickets (Fake News from someone on this board). The worst thing was trying to get out of Chapala and getting caught on a one way street that was blocked for some reason way ahead. Many minutes stuck there and then all the drivers in front started waving all behind to back our. 10 more care behind me finally got the message and started the chain moving back to exit on a side street. 20 minutes wasted...bad karma for not wearing a seat belt? Maybe...but have learned my lesson.  

13 hours ago, gringohombre said:

Went to the auto registration place on Degollado today to pay the fine. $422 (50% discount since paid within 5 days). Not bad. OXXO does not take payment for these tickets (Fake News from someone on this board). The worst thing was trying to get out of Chapala and getting caught on a one way street that was blocked for some reason way ahead. Many minutes stuck there and then all the drivers in front started waving all behind to back our. 10 more care behind me finally got the message and started the chain moving back to exit on a side street. 20 minutes wasted...bad karma for not wearing a seat belt? Maybe...but have learned my lesson.  

Interesting.  Good to know since I have paid tickets for photo radar there in the past as have others I know.  Still have the receipts from several years ago.  Not fake news, just a change for some reason.  That program has and continues to have a lot of changes, this must be one of them.