Chapala.com Webboard

Vehicle insurance for a week

cedros

1 hour ago, fordtruckman said:

Have you asked at the local insurance agencies?

We have asked Too Corp and LLoyd but haven't heard back. I don't know of others.

29 minutes ago, chapalence said:

Thanks. One of them should answer. Sorry about any confusion. I didn't realize that my partner in crime was also checking this.

11 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

...I'm wondering why any company would find it profitable to write insurance coverage for one week. Just sayin'.

Me too. The possibility of future business?

39 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

...I'm wondering why any company would find it profitable to write insurance coverage for one week. Just sayin'.

A google search for Mexican auto tourist insurance list a number of agencies and even insurance companies. Profitable   You bet. All done on-line no humans involved. I would imagine the percentage of claims is very small.  Same is available for Mexicans entering the USA and needing insurance 1 day or more

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mostlylost said:

A google search for Mexican auto tourist insurance list a number of agencies and even insurance companies. Profitable   You bet. All done on-line no humans involved. I would imagine the percentage of claims is very small.  Same is available for Mexicans entering the USA and needing insurance 1 day or more

Certainly if priced right should be profitable. Wondering what it costs, imagine pretty expensive per day, but if you gotta have it...

44 minutes ago, slainte39 said:

Most rental agencies charge you for insurance based on daily rates for the amount of time of the rental contract.

Yes, but they are making money on the rental also. I got what I needed. I think.