Chapala.com Webboard

Update: CRV wheel alignment

Mainecoons

Tire shop tells me I need wheel alignment on 2012 Honda CRV  AWD.  Review of past posts here says Beto in SAT is reliable, also Autochek in Riberas who I have used for other work with good results.  However I didn't think he had the necessary equipment.  More mixed reviews on the Goodyear in Chapala.

Any recent experience that will help me pick the right shop for this work?  Although the car tracks perfectly the tire shop said there is a serious edge wear problem being caused by either alignment or suspension issues.  I did ask Autochek to inspect for the latter just before this latest trip and he said it was OK.

Thanks for your input!

Several years ago I took a CR-V (older than yours) to Felipe, he replaced some things but said others were OK... but that it would need an alignment after his repairs. He took it down to Car City when he was finished.  Some folks don't like Car City but I've used them a couple of times for some stuff and found them to be OK.   

Many front wheel drive vehicles will show the most tire wear on the outside edge.  Driving on the cobblestone streets add to the potential  and just does a number on tires and front suspension. 

OK, took it to Felipe this morning.  He will thoroughly check the suspension and then take it to the tire shop up on the Libremiento and personally supervise the alignment.  He said that is where he is taking it now because the guy there is doing consistently good alignments.

FYI

• Like 2